How to check mobo/or any other part serial no ?

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
I recently had to give my laptop to the HP service center for a motherboard replacement.. Now i wish to check if they havnt changed any other component of my notebook.. HP customer service people have told me to note down all the part number and then cross check with them but how do i get all the part number?? Windows+R-> msinfo32, is the only way i know, will this suffice my purpose??

ankitjain1116

Broken In
Download AIDA64 | PC Benchmark | System Diagnostics | Stability Test . Aida64 and it will show all parts number,serial number of your installed hardware in laptop.
Explort the list to txt,csv or note them

samudragupta

Youngling
WTF, why did they ask you to note the part number... i got my heat sink replaced few days back and they never asked me to do this!!! strange...

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
WTF, why did they ask you to note the part number... i got my heat sink replaced few days back and they never asked me to do this!!! strange...

I did give my hp to service center(Mahaa electronics - all over south India) for fan problem...
They opened it in front of me and made me note ALL serial nos... From keyboard to Bluetooth module,
It took 30 mins for this itself

Finally they said laptop can't be repaired... They told to take to a bigger service center

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
@OP - Please try to give a meaningful thread title.

Sorry, couldnt think of anething at that time..

Because they changed the heat sink right in front of you, its advisable to check all the components if you send it to a service station so that your notebook is not tampered with..

Top Bottom