How to change the wallpaper on every startup automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Guys, I have Win XP SP2. I have many wallpapers, but i do not want to manually change them.

Is there any way or any freeware small app., which would change or shuffle my wallpaper on every startup?

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Use wallpaper Master. It is available as freeware as well as paid.
*www.jamesgart.com/wallpaperchanger/

There are many others.
Nuonsoft Wallpaper Cycler www.nuonsoft.com

Just google with terms like "wallpaper cycler" or "wallpaper changer" and u will be tired with the results u get. I did prefer the above two due to their low system usage and ability to scan within subfolders.

shashank4u

Youngling
one more thing u can do ...
use google desktop..it will index all the images..
it will be in the sidebar...select the pic u want and set as desktop wall..
from minimised images in the sidebar..
easy and quick...also it offer many features...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I do not want heavy apps. Is there any script to do so or small tiny apps?

i stoped useing WebShot Desk top back in 2004, back then it used to be very light on system....

i wonder whats happen now days ?? is it (New versions) very heavy on Resources ??

:)

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah !! there is a VBS ( visual basic script ) i made a long time back...

well i will make it again and post IF THE MODS allow to attach scripts here...

ASKING for PERMISSION... :D :D :D :D
Webshots are the worst programmes i came across in 2002 when i installed them and after one month my Win_me was doing all sh1t to me ... then i bought windows XP in dec.2003 and installed webshots again.. but the problem was there still hanging around... heavy sh1t... and now also webshots can never change .. so DONT INSTALL THEM...

Last edited:

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Magentic s/w has more features than what u require... I has got hell a lot collections of beautiful screensavers and wallpapers online.. Just try this.. I hope u'll like it.

*www.magentic.com

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Tried magnetic. But, I still prefer the 2 proggies mentioned above. Searching for a perfect proggy and might soon start making 1.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Found another one yesterday night. Smart Wallpaper Lite from *www.ectosoft.com/smartwallpaperlite.htm

It is said to be a shareware but the latest version is a freeware as I cant find any nags nor a registration dialog

@ismart
How many have u tried fro them. There are loads of these utils. Try to post the best u have used.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
I did this sometime back in win98..... i made an html file with a javascript-based background randomizer*, and set that file as my wallpaper.

* script available easily online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom