How to change System Volume Information attributes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trublu

Ta da !
Yes,how to do it? whenever i check "show hidden files and folders",the system vol. information folder in C: shows up,even though i haven't unchecked "Hide protected OS files". Any help?

What attributes do you want to change? It is a system folder mind you... one wrong move and everything goes kaput
I advice against it....

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Nah, files in SVI are perfectly safe to delete. Go to any drive, right click SVI, click properties. In sharing tab, Tick whatever box is available and click okay. Repeat on all drives. Now you can delete the files inside. If you cant, restart the comp, and now you can.

OP
trublu

trublu

Ta da !
Yet another query:
The SVI folder in C: can be opened.But when i double-click the same folder(SVI) in other drives, i get an error "Access is Denied". Is something wrong?

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
There's nothing wrong. Just right click on the SVI folder, click on "Properties" and go to the "Security" tab. Click on "Add". Enter your user name. Click on OK twice. You'll now be able to open that folder.

paroh

Padawan
Open windows explorer go to Tools->Folder Option->View and check the last one use simple file sharing(Recommended).

And after that right click on System Volume Information to change its attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom