How to Calibrate a monitor? [Dell U2311H]

Sarath

iDota
I have a Dell U2311H and going by its stock settings its too bright and on decreasing it tends to show poor colours.

I have been through some online articles on how to calibrate it and also the settings for it but I couldnt make much headway regarding this.

Simply inputting the recommended setting threw up weird colours on my screen. I later learned each one or atleast most need to be calibrated individually.

I have no idea how to do that? Help.

Also what does this mean "video card's LUT"?

jsjs

Journeyman
Man u just need a good calibration tool, why dont u check out on dell's website for your model

LUT is video card colour lookup table. Adobe gamma is also a good calibration utility which is installed with photoshop

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
I have checked those forums. They are asking the users to buy a calibrator. Now I dont really want to go get a one time use device.

The settings dont work for me either. Damn!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I have a Dell U2311H and going by its stock settings its too bright and on decreasing it tends to show poor colours.

I have been through some online articles on how to calibrate it and also the settings for it but I couldnt make much headway regarding this.

Simply inputting the recommended setting threw up weird colours on my screen. I later learned each one or atleast most need to be calibrated individually.

I have no idea how to do that? Help.

Also what does this mean "video card's LUT"?

I have something in my office favorites. Send me a PM tomorrow 11 AM. So I remember.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I have checked those forums. They are asking the users to buy a calibrator. Now I dont really want to go get a one time use device.

The settings dont work for me either. Damn!

A hardware calibrator is anything but a one-use device! Research "monitor-drift" and you will find out!

Having said that, IMHO, if u r not a professional photographer etc...ur primary usage of ur monitor is gaming/multimedia/browsing etc... then u wont ever feel a hw cali to be a good investment!!

Me, I dont give sh1t about all this sh1t, dont have the cash for a hw cali and wont ever get one!

Play around with the OSD till u get something that appears nice to YOU.

Of course, your colors and warmth will be all skewed (in all probability) but heck, ur eyes can never tell, so what the ...!! :p

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
Dell U2311H come pre calibrated. if u havent been using IPS panel previously u will experience noticeable changes with images and quite obviously u want to change the settings :). Still if u want to calibrate u can do it by third party softwares, in which case u have to trust your eyes. Best calibration is done by Hardware devices which u have to purchase separately (only required by Pro Photographers and image editors) and once again its just not a one time process. Monitors needs to be calibrated over a time again n again if u want color consistency.

Top Bottom