How to buy software in bulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose I'm looking to buy Vista/XP (I doubt whether XP will be available :|) along with Office 2007 for about 20-30 PCs.

Do I have to buy individually for every PC? That works out to be really expensive.

I think there is a way to buy them in bulk, but still remains relatively cheaper. Is it possible? If so, how?

Just asking as my friend raised this question and I (quite frankly) couldnt answer him. :|

mrintech

Technomancer
Yup! It's possible to get at cheapest cost for Multiple PC's. Refer the following:

* *www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/licensing.aspx
* *www.microsoftvolumelicensing.com/userights/

Hope you find them helpful ;)

OP
thewisecrab
Yup! It's possible to get at cheapest cost for Multiple PC's. Refer the following:

* *www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/licensing.aspx
* *www.microsoftvolumelicensing.com/userights/

Hope you find them helpful ;)
I didnt understand the terminology. :(
So if I buy 1 Vista OS, and activate it and ask MS to allow multiple activations, then am I good to go? I mean, is this the procedure or is there a lote more involved? (Of course I'll have to pay for those activations, but how much? ie. a lot cheaper than usual or costlier.etc?
I think I read earlier on this forum how to activate 1 Windows XP on 15 PCs for about 15K (if I have not mistaken). But that was a looong time back. :|

mrintech

Technomancer
dudue i read in one of the tech-magazines that one can buy bulk licenses for various PC's. I am not sure abt one can use the same product key on all the PC's or MS will provide different product keys for different PC's

Better contact authorised MS distributors from here: *www.microsoft.com/india/originalsoftware/home/move_to_original_software/store_locator.aspx

;)

OP
thewisecrab
for official use?
Nah. Just a query. I was puzzled as by doing the math, cost of software would be really huge if bought individually for every PC in an organization. So I really wanted to know.
My Dad's laptop was OEMed (I hope OEM means that XP was loaded by the manufacturer as de-facto OS on the laptop). But most assembled PCs are not OEMed. (and many companies do have assembled PCs)
So I really want to know if there is any way to buy software in bulk.
A procedure would help. :)
PS. I'm just wanting to help my friend out. All softs on my side is genuine :wink:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
^^ oh sry........i thought u were some GNU supporter or some normal software user............anyway carryon with ur q's........i don have idea.........try googling

OP
thewisecrab
Why don't you contact: *www.microsoft.com/india/originalsoftware/home/move_to_original_software/store_locator.aspx ???

There are lot of distributors there at Mumbai?
I contacted MS's CC through that toll free no. (pretty helpful too :) )
Anyway, the official said that if you need 5 or more copies of any OS, then you can apply for Open Volume License. They give discounts too (based on How many copies you want)
Like if your order Vista Business (Retail Price about 12K)
If your order 10 copies, then you'll get them for 8K each (thats about 33.33333% cheaper :D)
So thanks for those links :)
Order to me send me blank cheque with ur signature ,, i ll send it :D:D:D
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom