How to buy from Ebay USA.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
It is actually weird that we are all geeks haven't found a way to get good stuff at good price yet. there must be a better way. may be some of us can join and form a pvt. ltd. to import stuff from amazon or bestbuy :) LOL
.. I dont know how, but I do have purchased lot of stuff from Dealextreme and Manafont .. DX package varries but MF's package takes 3weeks to reach me.

The only way to buy off Amazon is to deliver the package to a friend and ask him to get it. But we cant get that luxury all the time. So there must be a way.

Its not that we cant buy .. we can buy from us and it can be shipped but the shipping is expensive. like USPS Priority Flat Rate Box costs 58.5$ .. it offers tracking. so Rs.3000 going to shipping and we can choose it if we are sure of a good deal and we are not getting ripped of by stupid custom laws in India.

The shipping is expensive to India My item is stated as Gift, Value Mentioned as 200$
(i got a good deal and its actually the actual amount i paid .. bcoz i added insurance to be safe)

... It can be tracked at this USPS - Track & Confirm link --> *trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=CQ349345637US
Into Foreign Customs, May 03, 2011, 3:24 pm, INDIA
Arrived Abroad, May 03, 2011, 11:35 am, INDIA
International Dispatch, April 26, 2011, 2:31 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Arrival
Processed through Sort Facility, April 23, 2011, 8:16 pm, PHOENIX, AZ 85043
Acceptance, April 23, 2011, 4:42 am, CHANDLER, AZ 85225
Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 22, 2011

... right now it is in customs. I don't know which custom office.
Though.., lets see how it goes .. I just hope it clears customs sooner .. (fingers crossed)

It says 6-10 Days to ship .. its already over a week :( .. I guess it will be in SpeedPost Guys Hands after this.

Regards

Last edited:
OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
It is actually weird that we are all geeks haven't found a way to get good stuff at good price yet. there must be a better way. may be some of us can join and form a pvt. ltd. to import stuff from amazon or bestbuy :) LOL
.. I dont know how, but I do have purchased lot of stuff from Dealextreme and Manafont .. DX package varries but MF's package takes 3weeks to reach me.

The only way to buy off Amazon is to deliver the package to a friend and ask him to get it. But we cant get that luxury all the time. So there must be a way.

Its not that we cant buy .. we can buy from us and it can be shipped but the shipping is expensive. like USPS Priority Flat Rate Box costs 58.5$ .. it offers tracking. so Rs.3000 going to shipping and we can choose it if we are sure of a good deal and we are not getting ripped of by stupid custom laws in India.

The shipping is expensive to India My item is stated as Gift, Value Mentioned as 200$
(i got a good deal and its actually the actual amount i paid .. bcoz i added insurance to be safe)

... It can be tracked at this USPS - Track & Confirm link --> USPS - Track & Confirm

... right now it is in customs. I don't know which custom office.
Though.., lets see how it goes .. I just hope it clears customs sooner .. (fingers crossed)

It says 6-10 Days to ship .. its already over a week :( .. I guess it will be in SpeedPost Guys Hands after this.

Regards
Shipping in india from foreign countries is costly and for electronics stuff you have to pay 25% duty unless you claim it as gift, also you don't get warranty on most stuff, not worth it for electronics, maybe for watches etc

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
If we get the good deal we dont mind the waranty as such, good quality products hardly need warranty, if they do I dont mind paying service charges for it.
and Dude some stuff that we need not available in India, and some stuff is available at exorbitant price that we can not buy. iPhone, Nintendo Wii, La-Crosse, Motorola Droid X, Asus New Products, etc etc you name it.. Thousands of geeks wanted to buy stuff of amazon, but they cant.

So the solution is find out an eBay sellers and buy it. But I wish there is a better way. To Reduce the Shipping Cost.

r4gs

In the zone
@mobilegeek:- My ZuneHD took 24days to arrive from the US, 5 days just to leave the US. You're lucky its coming so fast.

Customs office usually means the one in Delhi. Use this link...

IPS Web Tracking/Item Tracking

much more reliable.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
I received my stuff in time. 2 weeks. Didnt pay any customs duty. But the package was opened :9 and the stupid indian guy who repacked it didnt put the console system back in bubble sheet. other than main system console nothing was opened up so that was releaf. Customs guy need to be spanked for not putting the packed back together in right manner. Anyways.. this clears doubt that USPS Shipments come fast and its good to buy from eBay if you just have a faith and look for seller who has good feedbacks.
2ndly I am interested in knowing the cos. like ICC Worlds. How much do they charge? USPS Priority Mail costs $55.8 for Large Flat rate box. what are they charging, atleast they wont open up the package and they can be cheaper i guess.

@asingh
Can you tell me a bit more about your ICC-World experience, and what are other cos. like that i can contact. how much is the expenditure to ship something from us to india?

I can always order electronics and useful tools from amazon or bestbuy. so please reply. thanks.

r4gs

In the zone
@mobilegeek- i ordered a fiio e5 using ebay geb. it was shipped via iccworld ajd came within a week qnd there were no extra charges.

i believe geb costs include customs duties. if you ship direct from usa, try to get the seller to declare the item as being of lower value. it reduces customs duties sometimes.

H3m4n7

Right off the assembly line
I received my stuff in time. 2 weeks. Didnt pay any customs duty. But the package was opened :9 and the stupid indian guy who repacked it didnt put the console system back in bubble sheet. other than main system console nothing was opened up so that was releaf. Customs guy need to be spanked for not putting the packed back together in right manner. Anyways.. this clears doubt that USPS Shipments come fast and its good to buy from eBay if you just have a faith and look for seller who has good feedbacks.
2ndly I am interested in knowing the cos. like ICC Worlds. How much do they charge? USPS Priority Mail costs $55.8 for Large Flat rate box. what are they charging, atleast they wont open up the package and they can be cheaper i guess.

@asingh
Can you tell me a bit more about your ICC-World experience, and what are other cos. like that i can contact. how much is the expenditure to ship something from us to india?

I can always order electronics and useful tools from amazon or bestbuy. so please reply. thanks.

How you purchase things from Ebay and Amazon..............Do you use paypal........

Top Bottom