How to backup the downloaded games from PSN on PS4 to DVD?

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Hii I'm planning to buy a Playstation 4. I heard that Games are on PSN store are much cheaper than physical discs.My question is that how can I backup a downloaded game from PS4 hard drive to a DVD and how to restore it(like steam). Is it possible. I have a slow crappy BSNL broadband:cry: . So re-downloading of games will be an impossible task.Please reply!!!

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
PSN games cheaper than discs?? Are you sure? last i cheked, they were they same prices, atleast for PS3.

and you cant back them up on DVDs/BluRays. You cant. it will be there in the PS4 HDD.

thats why we people, with the slow internet, still prefer Discs to digital editions.

even downloading updates are a pain!! :evil:

OP
Cyberghost

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
PSN games cheaper than discs?? Are you sure? last i cheked, they were they same prices, atleast for PS3.

and you cant back them up on DVDs/BluRays. You cant. it will be there in the PS4 HDD.

thats why we people, with the slow internet, still prefer Discs to digital editions.

even downloading updates are a pain!! :evil:
PSN games are cheaper just look in amazon.com.Anyway Thanks for the information.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Hii I'm planning to buy a Playstation 4. I heard that Games are on PSN store are much cheaper than physical discs.My question is that how can I backup a downloaded game from PS4 hard drive to a DVD and how to restore it(like steam). Is it possible. I have a slow crappy BSNL broadband:cry: . So re-downloading of games will be an impossible task.Please reply!!!

You can sell PS4 game discs to recover most of the amount spent.For e.g you bought Infamous : Second Son disc for 4000 bucks you can sell it for 3k-3.5k and recover most of the amount spent.But if you buy a game on PSN,You are stuck with it forever.For e.g you bought Infamous : Second Son on PSN for 3,500 bucks,You are stuck with it.you can't sell or trade it.
:)

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
^^+1. thats why people with good internet also prefer Disc based game. you can trade them and that way you get game cheaper than digital version. :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
PS4's HDD is user replaceable. Maybe you can remove it from PS4, connect it to a PC and make an image of the hard disk.

no say.

the HDD is encrypted. you cant read it using a standard PC. i tried it once. :p it didnt even show up, even though the platter rotation wound was there.
if its not encrypted, that way, anyone would be able to pirate the games. :D

PSN games are cheaper just look in amazon.com.Anyway Thanks for the information.

PSN games on Amazon.com??

care to give a link??

You can sell PS4 game discs to recover most of the amount spent.For e.g you bought Infamous : Second Son disc for 4000 bucks you can sell it for 3k-3.5k and recover most of the amount spent.But if you buy a game on PSN,You are stuck with it forever.For e.g you bought Infamous : Second Son on PSN for 3,500 bucks,You are stuck with it.you can't sell or trade it.
:)

exactly what i do.

with the ps3. :D

Top Bottom