How to backup MMC using PC Suite??

Status
Not open for further replies.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
I bought a new Memory card for my phone and i want to backup the old one completely using PC suite.... I dont have card reader. But when i open Nokia phone browser and enter the MMC it doesnt show me system folder alongwith some other hidden files. I have enabled the viewing of hidden files in PC, but still it wont show them. Can someone tell me how to backup each and everything of the MMC without a Card reader?? :(
Thanx.

sam_1710

Youngling
use da default Nokia content copier...
or use Fexplorer, (or somethin) similar on ur fone and copy the folder "system" to the root directory(or to any other visible folder) and then copy it using PC suite as the copied one wud be visible now!

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Use the Backup application of your Nokia PC Suite and Make sure you select Memory Card as well in the options / settings.

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
alsiladka said:
Use the Backup application of your Nokia PC Suite and Make sure you select Memory Card as well in the options / settings.
Tried this and it didnt copied the system folder.. :(

sam_1710 said:
use da default Nokia content copier...
or use Fexplorer, (or somethin) similar on ur fone and copy the folder "system" to the root directory(or to any other visible folder) and then copy it using PC suite as the copied one wud be visible now!
Will try this option now... :(

sam_1710

Youngling
AFAIK this is the only way to copy the system folder!! .. but it takes some time (depending upon the installed apps) to copy the system folder!! Fexplorer may appear frozen, but it'll be copying, so dont cancel the process!!

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
^^Hey yes that method worked. :) Now i had around 30 apps installed in the system folder. Should i paste that copied system folder in the new Card? And the apps will work??
Thanx.

sam_1710

Youngling
Nice 2 kno dat helped!! :)
now wen u copy the system folder 2 da new card, only the sis apps work..!! but java apps dont work!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom