how to back up yahoo mails ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkmkmk

In the zone
hi

after taking look of this story in which some one hacked yahoo messenger mail password.......

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28327&highlight=yahoo+messenger+password+hacked

i have decided to back up my yahoo ,gmail mails which have 400-500 mails....

but i dont know how to do this....
is it possible to back up all mails at a time or
i have to copy paste every mail......

thanking u

manoj

champ_rock

champ_rock
there is a software called ypops.. just google it.. it allows you to copy ur mails to outlook or some other such software...
once the mails are in ur comp.. then u can easily back them up :)

hope it solves ur problem

for gmail, just enable pop access.. and download all of them on ur comp from outlook or outlook express

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
thank champ......

i have enabled gmail pop and using thunderbird......

how i will download all mails in thunderbird....

whenever i m hitting get mails..i m getting only new mails...

i would like to get all 400 mails in thunderbird..is there any setting in Tbird which i m not getting......

champ_rock

champ_rock
in gmail , when u go in settings, then forwarding and pop, there u have to select the option "ENABLE POP FOR ALL MAILS" and not "Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on".,,, i think that should solve ur problem...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You don't need any software for enabling POP3 in Yahoo!
Just log into your inbox and click on 'Options' in the top-right corner. On the 'Mail Options' page that opens, click on 'POP Access and Forwarding' (second row, second option from top). I suppose you should be able to do it yourself from there.
I already have Yahoo! configured in my Outlook and it is working without a hitch. Yahoo! does not provide SMTP, however.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Thanks both of u..................aryayush,champ_rock

i did changes as per u told and i got 240 mails in thunderbird.....from yahoo and gmail........

is it possible to use 2 email clients..T bird and outlook express........one for gmails and one for yahoo...........

now how should i save my all mails in cd.........

i can see all mails in T bird........but how i should tke that in cd ...they r important for me.......

thanking u
manoj kumar

champ_rock

champ_rock
aryayush said:
You don't need any software for enabling POP3 in Yahoo!
Just log into your inbox and click on 'Options' in the top-right corner. On the 'Mail Options' page that opens, click on 'POP Access and Forwarding' (second row, second option from top). I suppose you should be able to do it yourself from there.
I already have Yahoo! configured in my Outlook and it is working without a hitch. Yahoo! does not provide SMTP, however.

i think that u r using yahoo mail plus???/
there is no option for me that relates to pop... second row, second option from top is filters....

take a look at this,... *img142.imageshack.us/img142/397/1237xc.th.jpg

please post a screenshot

vikasg03

Journeyman
hy
i download ypops as u tell one of the friend. But still i cannot find a option in ypops from where i download mails from yahoo. Means where and what i entered in ypops so that mails download from my yahoo mail id, and where i entered my yahoo mail id and password. there is nothing such in ypops. PLz help if some one use upops already.
thanks
vikas gupta

champ_rock

champ_rock
vikasg03 said:
hy
i download ypops as u tell one of the friend. But still i cannot find a option in ypops from where i download mails from yahoo. Means where and what i entered in ypops so that mails download from my yahoo mail id, and where i entered my yahoo mail id and password. there is nothing such in ypops. PLz help if some one use upops already.
thanks
vikas gupta

the yahoo mail id and password are filled in your mail client and not in ypops...
take a look at the following link for configuration instructions...

*www.ypopsemail.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=listarticles&secid=1

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
champ_rock said:
i think that u r using yahoo mail plus???/
there is no option for me that relates to pop... second row, second option from top is filters....

take a look at this,... *img142.imageshack.us/img142/397/1237xc.th.jpg

please post a screenshot
No, who pays for an eMail address! You need a Yahoo! India account for POP3 access. Only Yahoo! India accounts have been provided this feature. In layman's terms, your ID must be 'username@yahoo.co.in'. I am sure you are using Yahoo! USA and your ID is 'username@yahoo.com'.
In this case, please follow the images below to learn how to active POP3:

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/urs4ever_aayush/YMail1.jpg

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/urs4ever_aayush/YMail2.jpg (follow the link)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/urs4ever_aayush/YMail3.jpg (follow the link)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/urs4ever_aayush/YMail4.jpg (follow the link)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/urs4ever_aayush/YMail5.jpg (follow the link)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/urs4ever_aayush/YMail6.jpg (follow the link)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/urs4ever_aayush/YMail7.jpg (follow the link)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/urs4ever_aayush/YMail8.jpg

Hope that helped!

P.S. - I know posting all these images was quite unnecessary but I just grab any oportunity to launch Photoshop with both hands. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom