How to back up data from an Android phone with a damaged screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anmol4all

Broken In
I dropped my Moto X 2nd gen yesterday and now display is not working. It was running marshmallow. I tried connecting it to my PC to recover files. It is getting detected but as USB mode was set to charging, I can't actually see my files there (before the damage it had to be set to media transfer or camera each time i connected it to PC via USB)
I have seen a lot of recovery software but i dont know which one is reliable.
I am going to give my phone for repair but i am worried that i will lose my data or it will be open to everyone using the phone.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I haven't tried this in a compatible phone, but I am sure this works. If your mobile can take otg cable (which I think possible), use it with usb mouse and recover the things you want and send it to service to fix the screen.

OP
A

anmol4all

Broken In
I haven't tried this in a compatible phone, but I am sure this works. If your mobile can take otg cable (which I think possible), use it with usb mouse and recover the things you want and send it to service to fix the screen.

But how to actually see things? I mean screen is not working. I saw somewhere that we can actually connect our phone with TV via a USB to HDMI connector but i am not sure if it works.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
But how to actually see things? I mean screen is not working. I saw somewhere that we can actually connect our phone with TV via a USB to HDMI connector but i am not sure if it works.
Oh! I thought only touch is not working. Yeah, me too have heard something like that in one of the ASUS mobile, we can take video (or in this case screen) out and use it in laptop or PC.

BTW, I don't think you will lose any data by fixing screen. Unless accidentally something happens.

OP
A

anmol4all

Broken In
Oh! I thought only touch is not working. Yeah, me too have heard something like that in one of the ASUS mobile, we can take video (or in this case screen) out and use it in laptop or PC.

BTW, I don't think you will lose any data by fixing screen. Unless accidentally something happens.

I am quite sure that i won't lose any data but i think they usually factory reset the device. And even if they don't I am afraid of my personal data visible to everyone there.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
And even if they don't I am afraid of my personal data visible to everyone there.
Yeah, we don't have lot of options here, do we? We can't sit next to the tech guy and make sure he don't see any of our personal data.

A

amit.tiger12

rooted?? usb debugging enabled? if yes, then head over to xda they have lot of guides to pull things out using adb from broken screen.
My nexus 5 (old) screen also got damaged, but pattern lock on the device so I tried pulling out everything from fastboot.
xda

A

amit.tiger12

I dropped my Moto X 2nd gen yesterday and now display is not working. It was running marshmallow. I tried connecting it to my PC to recover files. It is getting detected but as USB mode was set to charging, I can't actually see my files there (before the damage it had to be set to media transfer or camera each time i connected it to PC via USB)
I have seen a lot of recovery software but i dont know which one is reliable.
I am going to give my phone for repair but i am worried that i will lose my data or it will be open to everyone using the phone.

try this

[Tool][Windows] Control a device with a brok… | Android Development and Hacking

Last edited by a moderator:

kunnusingh

Journeyman
My mobile was broken and I tried everything but can't get backup of files because of USB debugging was not enabled and even connecting to PC or mirroring is not possible unless you have already installed a VNC server or some software on your phone.

Better option is purchase mobile which does not work but screen is ok or buy new screen, take a backup or If your backup file is not so important then forget it.

You can use the most prescribed and most secure Android data recovery software. It has exceptional propelled usefulness to identify even nonworking Android phones and recuperate information from its inner memory. With the assistance of this software, one can viably recover data from Android phone with a broken screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom