How to avoid video game sickness???

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Hello, I want to know how to avoid video game sickness. This thing happening while I'm playing FPS games crysis 3,battle field and COD.I get nausea in 10 minutes during the game play. Any solutions????

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Dont play video games.. If you get sickness while playing games, chances are you arent addicted yet.. So, itll be easy for you..
On a side note, see here..
This can arise due to rapid flashing of screen and is a common nervous defect among many people

cyborg47

Technomancer
Try adjusting the FOV, play around with them and stick to the one you're comfortable with, works for me :)

Dont play video games.. If you get sickness while playing games, chances are you arent addicted yet
That's an awkward suggestion to someone who's presumably not addicted to the games yet :|

bippukt

In the zone
If you ever feel that, you should stop playing straight away. Try the suggestions given here. If they don't work, either consult a doctor or give up on FPS games. Have you tried playing while sitting away from the screen, with a controller or wireless keyboard/mouse?

I repeat - Don't EVER continue playing while feeling nauseous. This is not something to take lightly.

bubusam13

Human
Discuss the problem with your gf and ask her to call you so much that you won't get time to play and ultimately leave it out of frustration. Else tell your parents, tell you are unable to study and will fail this year. They will break your gaming gear and scold you so much that you will forget about gaming.

If you own a console, send it to me, I will play and won't pay you. I will sell it back to you after about 6 months when you get over your addiction.

you know what, many including me get nausea while playing FPS. So I mute the game sound and play music loudly in headphones while playing FPS. This helps me.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Try adjusting the FOV, play around with them and stick to the one you're comfortable with, works for me :)

That's an awkward suggestion to someone who's presumably not addicted to the games yet :|

If someone's having symptoms of something like photo epilepsy while playing games, really what can one do to counter it other than stop playing ?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The screen refresh rate should be set at 60-75Hz.Display drivers and GPU drivers should be installed(Latest).
People who did not get addicted to games yet should follow the above steps. It will reduce eye fatigue and normally playing FPS games gives nausea to some and that should be avoided.

Flash

Lost in speed
Try this..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/178021-motion-sickness-while-playing-fps-games.html

7shivam9

Broken In
OP, I use to feel kind of same Few years ago.. I use to feel Uncomfortable while gaming and get irritated !
but Nothing was serious , I changed my PC's Position In the Room, Started Using 2 Chairs Instead of 1 , Adjusted Monitor Properly (Bent it slightly backwards)..and Make sure the light settings are correct in the Room! (all these things are nerdy..buy believe they work .)

and this is something I found in call of duty ghosts , take a Look :)
*s11.postimg.org/befay3skz/sick.jpg

:)

beingGamer

In the zone
People having such problems as well as others should stair at other places than the screen for 10-15 seconds after some intervals or when the game is loading etc.
I had this kind of feeling when i played CueClub [the pool game]. i stopped palying it.
It had mentioned a warning that the lightning effects can cause sickness.

Piyush

Lanaya
Disable effects like Motion Blur, Screen shaking (if any)
Also do get rest while playing fps or any games which involve high pace action
Make sure the room is well lit.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
The screen refresh rate should be set at 60-75Hz.Display drivers and GPU drivers should be installed(Latest).
People who did not get addicted to games yet should follow the above steps. It will reduce eye fatigue and normally playing FPS games gives nausea to some and that should be avoided.

hmm..

@OP -
You might have already seen warning messages during the start of any game that if you find yourself uncomfortable playing the game, you should immediately stop playing it. And its better to avoid games that you are not comfortable with and look for other genres.

For instance, I cant play zombie games as they look so yucky and very uncomfortable looking at the zombies. Not that I am scared, just that I cant take it. And so I never play such games. Its better to avoid rather than inflicting yourself with such totalitarian state of feeling.

Top Bottom