How they have done it?

Dangerous Dave

Digital Marketer
I usually go to Extreme arena which is nearby my college(Hansraj College) to play Counter Strike . I was really surprised at looking at their Opeating System. i didnot understood which operating system is it? When i reboot their system i got to know that it was Windows XP ..... They might have customised it! I want to know how they did it! :-D **i55.tinypic.com/qzmc8p.jpg I am attaching a screen short *i55.tinypic.com/qzmc8p.jpg

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
You can easily narrow down to the Operating system within couple of seconds.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Right click on the green Icon in the system tray (near the time) and you should be able to know the name of the program, unless it is password protected or something else.

redhat

Mad and Furious
The Green Logo in the SysTray is Skype.
The procedure is simple, change the Start menu button logo. There are lots of utils available for that or simply use Resource Hacker and do it on your own. And then there is an application without the standard Title bar, very easy to make on VS.
I can bet they have disabled Task Manager and regedit so that people dont fiddle around with them and break out of this program.
Must say, nice idea by them.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I think it is just a full screen application custom developed by extreme arena people. i do not know why OP wants such a desktop for him because there are numerous other methods to have beautiful and useful desktop (e.g. Object Desktop etc.)

TheHumanBot

Padawan
just a html file on startup and everything is blocked up taskmanager regedit and startbutton edited. i bet you can make far better customized desktop then this one.

redhat

Mad and Furious
Yup.. as a desktop replacement it is a sad option to choose. Please choose something better. IMO Object Desktop is a good option. Or Linux is even better. I am currently using Ubuntu 10.10 with GLX-Dock n Compiz Fusion and don't feel like using my Windows OS ever again... Extreme customisability on the desktop n everywhere..

Top Bottom