How the Chinese phones do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
Chinese phones, with large displays and touch screens. Are they good for internet, mail and games? And what about multimedia playback?

azzu

AJJU
one thing Nirav u cant install any moore apps on it and its has damn lazy touch screen and UI
-----not recommended to any one :(

OP
N

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
What are the price ranges for them? And if anyone has photos for them, please post it, as there won't be any specifications for them available. Right?

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Charan said:
Chiniese products? .. one word .. "cr@p"
Chances are, that more than 90% of your branded/assembled PC or laptop is manufactured in China. Why not post something sensible and cite proper reasons for it?

"Most" Chinese phones don't come with any warranty, and don't have official service centers around. While they certainly offer good value-for-money, peace of mind is unfortunately a thing that only comes packaged with branded goods these days.

I recommend that you purchase only branded cellphones for the warranty, service, reliability and peace of mind they offer.

OP
N

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
Ya I also thought of services. But how about using it as a PMP, with option of using mobile services? How it fares as a basic PMP?

arunks

Hey here is the aks
I bought a chinese phone with inbuilt tv and fm receiver from singapore..

it came with bill with 1year warranty..

and i like it very much... it is very good..

look is good ..funtions are good.

and who says it has slow touch screen response...:evil:

my phone has instant response with touch screen funtion

and above all ..I m able to watch TV on the move...

Fm radio works great as no need to plug in the headsets..

Also it has loud sound with dual speakers...

arunks

Hey here is the aks
ya ...

it is CECT v400

JAVA and symbian are not supported :(

i dont know which applications it supports

kumarmohit

Technomancer
^^ None and moreover it is made too look as if it runs Win XP. One guy tried to chipkao it to me saying it is Windows Mobile based. Needless to say that I smiled and left the shop.

clmlbx

Technomancer
they are very cheap (starting from 3000) and full crap with no warranty.

never buy this, 70% phones get problems within 48 hours .... ( as seen by me )

some are lucky enough to run this phone for days ( means till now )

you can get dual camera,dual sim,tv ,3.2 mp cam + 1.3 , touch screen , and more in just 4000 but ..................... on the risk

never buy this crap

OP
N

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
Ok. But there must be some genuine brands also, like the low category. Is there really NO brand which can be relief upon? I agree, they won't be as reliable as nokia, but then not all chinese products are crap!

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Charan said:
Chiniese products? .. one word .. "cr@p"
You can't even spell Chinese! What exactly do you know about Chinese products?

I really don't understand the animosity towards Chinese stuff! I'm into the Semi-Conductor industry and I can tell you that more than half of the electronic stuff you buy is manufactured in part (or full) in China.

Just because it gets a HP (or whatever) label doesn't imply it's reliable, neither does a Chinese label makes it "cr@p".

@kumarmohit,
I totally understand your apprehension. What you need to understand it there are what ...a.. _gazillion_ .. phone models in China. It's not like India. They're crazy about their phones and so they've got more choices.
Hence, it's hard to choose the right phone, with right (and dependable) features. Mostly the phones rejected by China come to India :p

My take on this -- Find a Chinese friend, then buy a phone through him (or after consulting him.) Chinese stuff works, you just need to find it right one.

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
The chinese phones are good. And now some models from C-KING and a few others comes with warranty too.

But most models are not supporting Java. And some models (non-warranteed ones) claims to have mega pixel cam where they have VGA cams. Some models have interfaces designed after windows mobile, they even have the windows mobile logo printed on the phone.

However right value for money to the users who want a phone with loads of in-built features.

It is a fact that the phones available in India are not for power users.

pushkar

Journeyman
The truth is that original Chinese products are good quality products. But what we get in India are perhaps fake ones and get out of order easily. So everyone has become of the opinion that Chinese products are good for nothing. But if you buy the real Chinese ones, you will see the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom