How should i convience my dad to grant me xfx 5200 gfx card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
:lol:

*deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

come on m8.. i dont think v can give ideas to convince ya dad!!! :D u gotta talk to him in a SWEET WAY.. or try gettin it as a B'Day gift.. cos in my case my dad never refuses my Bday gift i ask :wink:

geek_rohit

In the zone
ROFL
How can we help man. Convince him to get one. Say the card would improve the PC's speed. This might help. Good Luck!!!
Hey but dun go for the 5200 get some better one. Go to the sticky thread regarding GFX Cards or some old topics and find a better card which suits your budget.

CyCo

In the zone
tell him it will help improve the graphics on the system ... after all it is called a graphics card ...

Sourabh

Laptoping
pretend and say that the computer is not working for a couple of days

open and fiddle with ur cabinet interiors when ur dad is round the corner

after doing this mention in ur talks wid mom and bro/sis oh damn its so borin on a sunday morning coz of no PC

these things get in ur dads ears very fast

when he melts down and confronts u abt how wod the card help say that its just a 2500 rs card and it will speed up my system considerably and movie quality, sound quality blah blah blah wod improve

i can even add 2 monitors or view movies/surf on the web with TV add more cr@p f ur own

this is wht is tried and tested

BEST OF LUCk :wink:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
neerajvohra said:
haa haa I dont know what to answer here

then y did u post dude???? u posted something even though u had nothing 2 say....
*disco82.ecwhost.com/forums/images/smiles/bs_spam.gif

btw, dude, try and convince him 2 get u a 6800 or a X800...5200 should need no convincing.... :lol:

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
u all can understand my FEELING

Nemesis said:
neerajvohra said:
haa haa I dont know what to answer here

then y did u post dude???? u posted something even though u had nothing 2 say....
*disco82.ecwhost.com/forums/images/smiles/bs_spam.gif

btw, dude, try and convince him 2 get u a 6800 or a X800...5200 should need no convincing.... :lol:
There is no need of 6800.
they r just wastage of precious money.
AGAIN, U used "dude"?
what's the problem?
you can't suggest me anything.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
Sourabh said:
pretend and say that the computer is not working for a couple of days

open and fiddle with ur cabinet interiors when ur dad is round the corner

after doing this mention in ur talks wid mom and bro/sis oh damn its so borin on a sunday morning coz of no PC

these things get in ur dads ears very fast

when he melts down and confronts u abt how wod the card help say that its just a 2500 rs card and it will speed up my system considerably and movie quality, sound quality blah blah blah wod improve

i can even add 2 monitors or view movies/surf on the web with TV add more cr@p f ur own

this is wht is tried and tested

BEST OF LUCk :wink:

nice ideas.. :D wat if his dad calls a comp engg n asks him to sort it out!!! :wink:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@bharatbala2003.....in that case he'll just have to "patao" the Engineer frst hand itself :lol: :lol: :lol:

@sourabh.....while readin this thread of his yesterday....i also had the same suggestion that u had come up with.....Btw he had posted so many new topics that i didnt have time fiddlin arnd with one of em :wink:

@kunwar.....come on yaar whats goin on out here....why post so many new threads at one time....wasnt it better just to start on thread named "A Few question" or sometin like that and then post all ur related queries in it :wink:

Also convincing ur dad is totally upto u as we arent God here and cant change anyone's behaviour and certainly not when it comes to parents :wink:
and again ur at it again.....telling Nemisis not to use "dude"....plzz tell me whats wrong with this dude calling thingyyy....come yaar its just a slang for cryin out loud :lol:

@nemi.....lol man he's stuck here convincing for a XFX 5200 which is 2.5k and u jumped directly at X800 and 6800.....his dad would definetly kill him if he would ask for 21k just for a gfx card then :lol: :lol: ahh just kiddin btu good one :lol: :lol:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
lol allwyn...i was just making the point that i wouldnt spend any money 2 buy a 5200......now tell me, wouldnt it take some convincing 2 get a 6800 or an X800??? and there is no way we can help him...i mean, i dont even know him let alone his dad.....

@kunwar: is u r a serious gamer, u would realize that the 6800 and the X800 r not a wate of money but an investment...esp the PCI-E versions....i don tknow y some1 would get offended if i use "dude"...its not as if im insulting u....

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
thank u 4 saving me from these guys.

they think that only high end cards are worth our money.
allwyndlima said:
@bharatbala2003.....in that case he'll just have to "patao" the Engineer frst hand itself :lol: :lol: :lol:

@sourabh.....while readin this thread of his yesterday....i also had the same suggestion that u had come up with.....Btw he had posted so many new topics that i didnt have time fiddlin arnd with one of em :wink:

@kunwar.....come on yaar whats goin on out here....why post so many new threads at one time....wasnt it better just to start on thread named "A Few question" or sometin like that and then post all ur related queries in it :wink:

Also convincing ur dad is totally upto u as we arent God here and cant change anyone's behaviour and certainly not when it comes to parents :wink:
and again ur at it again.....telling Nemisis not to use "dude"....plzz tell me whats wrong with this dude calling thingyyy....come yaar its just a slang for cryin out loud :lol:

@nemi.....lol man he's stuck here convincing for a XFX 5200 which is 2.5k and u jumped directly at X800 and 6800.....his dad would definetly kill him if he would ask for 21k just for a gfx card then :lol: :lol: ahh just kiddin btu good one :lol: :lol:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
yup nemi had got ur point mate......but u see being a serious gamer here in India is not an issue....its the thing called dependency on parents money for purchasin stuff....and until and unless u are a richie rich at birth and were fed upon by the very latest hardware.....or are capable of earning on ur own and buyin stuff.....its very tough time tryin to convince parents into buyin these materials.....let alone a Gfx card for spendin a 21k bomb on it.....My dad would make me work in Nvidia factory for a few years until i could earn some money on my own and purachase the Gfx card then :lol: :lol:

so the same old point out here.....u want the best....then have the green stuff or else the Situation prevails like the dude up above.....ooopsss did i just call "dude".....oh pardon me kunwar if i have offended u.... :wink:

@kunwar....they aint that worng mate....cause these ppl here are serious gamers and like i have said in the past it depends on ur passion and ur ability to buy stuff if u like em and that means no compromising on the best.....also if FX5200 would prove sufficient for u for now and say that u get it and within a few months it outdates....what then???? u would start a new thread askin for convincing ur dad for a Geforce 6800 and when that would be a outdated card may be....so ya see what they mean is that why buy card which is almost outdated now then go for the best....but since u have a tough time of ur own i would then suggest ya stick to ur decision unless god is much generous on u and someday might drop a 6800 in ur hand :lol: :lol: Good luck :wink:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
yea allwyn, i totally agree that it all comes down 2 the moolah that u have 2 get out of ur parents...or ur own pocket...but whatever, i call it quits on this topic :lol:

NikhilVerma

Padawan
My parents agree to most of the computer parts I wanna buy coz I am really good in Computer Science and I always tell them about all the good stuff that part is gonna give me......

And you gotta tell your dad that a GPU is not just for gaming it is also essential for 3d applications and designing...

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
yep! man! tell him tht it's gonna improve the 3D-Applications ..& designing .if U like these things to work on! :roll:

or else wait a while save some part of ur pocket money! .
get a card on ur own ..when U have the sufficient amount ...
My father never refused to my needs atleast in computer parts .. but even i feel like not to put so much load on him .. just for my entertainment ..

ttht was my thinking :wink: .. enjoy man!

remember IMPROVISED 3D Applications & designing!
gud luck :D

magnet

Youngling
since u have asked 4 idea.......say to your dad......i want to enter in gaming feild......it has lot of scope.....show him gamer tv lik programs.......
my frnd too is a game freak.......his father sold his pc...and now he remains 10hrs daily in web world.......he also won some age of mythology game here in mumbai(10000bucks)
.................lol....but got out in 1st round in all india competition

nyways tell him gamers hav gr8 future...may b he will b convinced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom