how quickly does Apple charge your card?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I purchased Mountain Lion yesterday morning. My Debit Card has still not been charged.

All it says is, Re. 1 to iTunes. (test transaction I guess)

Instead, it should be saying some Rs. 1100~.

So, does Apple take time to charge you? I haven't even received the receipt in my e-mail.

Last time when I purchased Lion, I got charged within 4 hours.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I used to purchase music via iTunes, but I had used only Gift Cards, and the balance used to get deducted immediately after purchase.

Tech&ME

Banned
I purchased Mountain Lion yesterday morning. My Debit Card has still not been charged.

All it says is, Re. 1 to iTunes. (test transaction I guess)

Instead, it should be saying some Rs. 1100~.

So, does Apple take time to charge you? I haven't even received the receipt in my e-mail.

Last time when I purchased Lion, I got charged within 4 hours.

What ? you used iTunes to purchase Mountain Lion ?? :|

I think you need to purchase Mountain Lion using the App Store app of Lion 10.7.4

It is an upgrade for Lion 10.7.4, once you download it, it will automatically install on your Mac mini or whatever you have.

Regarding, money all transactions are done is $ only from India.

Delay could be due to bank clearance is awaited.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
offtopic: is iTunes gift cards available in India?

the previous ones I used was sent by my friend when he was in US.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
What ? you used iTunes to purchase Mountain Lion ?? :|
Read what carefully I said. I was talking of the bank statement. "Re. 1 to iTunes"

did you purchase in $ or INR ??

(i mean site product price is in $ or INR)
Anything you buy whether $ or € or £, gets converted to INR using latest exchange rate and you get charged accordingly in INR. Site price in $.

Tech&ME

Banned
You can contact your bank CC to confirm the amount deducted from your account.

Transactions are captured by Apple or any online vendor manually. Apple might not have captured your ML transaction or it might me still pending with the bank for clearance.

Usually Online vendors gets about 15 days time to get the money from customers, even if the transaction was captured successfully by the vendor [ Apple in this case ] and products [ ML in this case ] was delivered to the customer for download, etc.

Test transactions are never made without prior information to the customer in Apple Apps Stores.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
OT: Where that gonna be installed?
I already downloaded and installed it in my Mac mini. Been 18 hours now. :p

It's just that I haven't been charged for it yet.

You can contact your bank CC to confirm the amount deducted from your account.

Transactions are captured by Apple or any online vendor manually. Apple might not have captured your ML transaction or it might me still pending with the bank for clearance.

Usually Online vendors gets about 15 days time to get the money from customers, even if the transaction was captured successfully by the vendor [ Apple in this case ] and products [ ML in this case ] was delivered to the customer for download, etc.

Test transactions are never made without prior information to the customer in Apple Apps Stores.
You're right. It will take time, I guess. I'll call the bank tomorrow morning.

About test transaction, whenever you add a debit card / credit card for the first time to App Store/Google Wallet/Paypal, there is always a Re. 1 transaction to see whether the details are right.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
okay, Apple has charged me now after 48 hours.

Basically, from what I understood... Apple keeps the order "opened" for a while so that one can "batch" purchase more stuff.. and then charges together. I purchased an app named Linkinus for $10 yesterday. (i.e. one day after Mountain Lion [$20]).

Now I have been charged $30 together.

Apple still hasn't sent me an e-mail though.

Tech&ME

Banned
okay, Apple has charged me now after 48 hours.

Basically, from what I understood... Apple keeps the order "opened" for a while so that one can "batch" purchase more stuff.. and then charges together. I purchased an app named Linkinus for $10 yesterday. (i.e. one day after Mountain Lion [$20]).

Now I have been charged $30 together.

Apple still hasn't sent me an e-mail though.

Yep! I also haven't received iTunes receipt for various purchases (not in-app) :(

Apple will raise an INVOICE only when the purchase amount is above $20. They will club various small purchases under a single INVOICE until the total amount totals to more then $20.

To see your INVOICE do the following:

Step 1 : Open iTunes

Step 2 : Select the iTunes Store in the left side bar

Step 3 : Once the Store loads up hover your mouse on your account name [ top right corner ] you will see a arrow icon, click on the arrow icon and a drop down will popup.

Step 4 : Select Account

Step 5 : Enter your Store Password in the popup that appears and click OK

Step 6 : Scroll to Purchase History and select See All

Step 7 : All your invoices, and billing information will be displayed. :mrgreen:

Note : Purchase History is not your Receipt. If you need one, you will have to visit the Apple Physical Store, they will print the receipt for you.

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
Apple will raise an INVOICE only when the purchase amount is above $20. They will club various small purchases under a single INVOICE until the total amount totals to more then $20.

But earlier I got iTunes receipt for $3 Purchase too :-? and after this never got any

Top Bottom