how much is allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
suppose we take a news from a site(big or small) and post it in a blog...and give full url of the original post as source....
is it allowed...

what if we give name of site only...

i have seen many big site only doing input from....
with out url...

is it allowed...

2)if i read the news from different sources and write it new one..in new way..is it allowed...

well though the presentation may be different ..the main information will remain same....

3)what in case of photos....

well i have seen india news channel taking articles or news from blog and telecasting it..with out any reference is it allowed...

thanks for help

jal_desai

In the zone
^^ it is allowd... if u compile news from different sources and modify it in your own language.. it is definitely allowed... and it is a very good practice if u acknowledge the source... (just a small link to the source website or just the name of it) in small fonts will do.... go ahead...

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
suppose we take a news from a site(big or small) and post it in a blog...and give full url of the original post as source....
is it allowed...
It is not allowed, until it falls under 'fair use' criteria. Note if you making money from your blog/website by putting ads, then you cannot be exempted under fair use clause.

2)if i read the news from different sources and write it new one..in new way..is it allowed...
Depends on your purpose. If it is education, then it is allowed. However, to be be more credible in th eyes or readers or viewers, you should give sources. It may also mean that you are not required to pay any fees or royalties but attribution to the source is required.

well i have seen india news channel taking articles or news from blog and telecasting it..with out any reference is it allowed...
Depends upon the individual blog policy.

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
It is not allowed, until it falls under 'fair use' criteria. Note if you making money from your blog/website by putting ads, then you cannot be exempted under fair use clause.
QUOTE]

others were ok ..but i think it was too much to say direct no...
if it is so ...many sites of india should have been close now...
if you have any legal evidence you can show...other wise as a net user...i dont think your words is 100% right......

it is goverment to decide fair use....well site can say any thing...but it should be backed by the law of land...
so what does law says...

any way thanks

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Hmm.. I think she means like, most websites when you sign up, you tick the EULA, which no one reads. It says something like, under the juridisdiction of california(or wherever the server is) you have to follow all laws etc..

So what is Indian government's rules like that? Is that what you are asking saharika?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom