How many of you are football management lover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arijit_2404

still find time for games
I am a big fan of Football Management games.

SI + Sega has the best game franchise aka Football Manager series.

Latest yearly installment (Football Manager 2009) has been already released and available worldwide (including WWW ;) )

I am curious and want to see how many of you actually prefer this type of management games?

Please post your views in this thread!

FYI: I am playing since CM02/03 series. I have all the FM series (not original though) and getting FM2009. ;)

In India these games are not popular at all. I've seen recently FM2007 available at Music World (it came to India after two years! give me a break) While FM series rules UK gaming chart.

Can you believe in last few years, football manager game tops the game chart for at least 5-10 weeks after release of the game!!!!!

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I was very interested in FM, but after playing it I realized it's not as easy as it seems. You need a lot of patience, micro-management and time, to be able to fully enjoy it. I tried the 08 version, but won't be getting FM09.

In India, such games will never be popular in the near future. People here will prefer a noobish, half-baked, inept cricket game instead. Sad but true.

OP
arijit_2404

arijit_2404

Yup. Thats true.

Cricket is a good game but for me, I am a die-hard fan of Football. So I love football management games (as RTS lover these games attracts me most).

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I was very interested in FM, but after playing it I realized it's not as easy as it seems. You need a lot of patience, micro-management and time, to be able to fully enjoy it. I tried the 08 version, but won't be getting FM09.

In India, such games will never be popular in the near future. People here will prefer a noobish, half-baked, inept cricket game instead. Sad but true.

True. Hurts me. Cricket is a good game but I hate it from the core of my heart :|.

cyberpyrate

Broken In
me playing since fm 06
already playing fm 09 since 2 days ago.(no prizes for guessing how i got my copy ;) )

played my first season wid liverpool. 2nd in league winner in champions league :D

OP
arijit_2404

arijit_2404

It's out! Retail & Steam - both versions are already out! You can find in any online shopping sites :)D).

New 3D match engine is just-average but who cares about it? Actual challenge lies within the game play. It has become more & more realistic in
many way.

By the way, how you guys play? Just play through it with any team you like (surely your favorite team!)

or do you guys try some thing different.
There's lots of exciting challenges available in the official forum: *community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

I am currently playing this challenge: *community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62573

OP
arijit_2404

arijit_2404

According to official forum-posting,
It seems FM2009 has a good piracy-check which is working till yesterday. If game detects that it has been using a cracked-exe then player can't go to holiday. And also many other problems start showing after season 1 is through. Which seems to be working and ruining the game play of many pirates.

Even Fifa Manager (EA) has this problem. If the game is using cracked exe, player is getting sacked after one season of coaching - no matter how long is the contract.

great going developers. this is the new trend in anti-piracy methods. If you detect a cracked-exe, ruin the game play of the player. that's nice. :) I'm expecting more games to follow this path.

I came to know of its existence only after Fifa's release of Fifa manager 08
But i never tried it ..... I found that i liked football management games after playing the manager mode in Fifa 08 and 09.... will def give Fifa manager a try this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom