• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sba

Journeyman
I am ashamed to say that I dual boot and it is only b'cos of these two things
1) xdccklipper (for mIRC)
2) Text messaging of Yahoo!

Can someone pleeeaase find some alternatives to them? I have completely failed in my quest :oops:

sba

Journeyman
desertwind said:
Opera - Opera
Yahoo! Messenger - Yahoo Messenger
JetAudio - mplayer, rhythmbox, xine etc.,
Download Express - Downloader for X, gwget, kget
LimeWire PRO - Limewire PRO
Azureus - Azureus
Macromedia Dreamweaver- nvu, BlueFish
Animation Shop - gimp with gimp animation pluglin (gap)
Ulead VideoStudio - kino, LiVES
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET - Qt Toolkit, Mono Project, GTK, dotgnu
Windows Media Player - mplayer, xine, totem
Adobe Photoshop CS - gimp
Object Desktop - I dont get what this thing is.
Norton Internet Security - iptables
That is one excellent list but I just wanna add a couple. I hope you don't mind ;)
JetAudio - Amarok, BMPx
Macromedia Dreamweaver - Quanta Plus

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
sba said:
1) xdccklipper (for mIRC)
i'm not sure about this. i seldom use irc clients and have a little knowledge on it. check whether this helps
*jirleech.sourceforge.net/
sba said:
2) Text messaging of Yahoo!
Y! messenger for linux don't have text messaging ????
i'm confused about what u meant.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Desertwind that's what he meant. He's sying that he has to use windows cos of those two things.
I also dunno anything about IRC as I've never used it.
He uses yahoo messenger on windows to send text messages as that functionality isn't available on linux version.

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
I was totally dependant on my KUbuntu Linux 5.4 whereas had Windows XP for muh other family members like muh sis, mom and dad...

That was until muh dear old sis crashed the HDD by pulling the plug more than once coz KUbuntu was primary boot. I never recovered from the shock coz then my KUbuntu was top class with a lot of help from GNUrag...

Now downloading KUbuntu 5.10 - more advanced... Will make it top class and secondary boot coz I dont want the HDD crashed again by my lovely sis...
But I will stick to it once its done ;)

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
tech_your_future said:
He uses yahoo messenger on windows to send text messages as that functionality isn't available on linux version.
then what kind of messages does Y! messenger sends in linux version. i used Y! messenger some time before, and had send a lot of text messages. Afterall, sending text messages is the primary aim of a messenger, huh ?

sba

Journeyman
tech_your_future said:
I'm sorry not to clarify properly. I think he meant SMS.
Yup thats wat I meant. None of the messengers support text messaging (SMS) protocol of Yahoo! Even Gyach Enhanced doesn't have it. It is a hindrance for me in uninstalling Windows completely.

As far as jirleech is concerned. I have tried it but it is a risky software as it gets you banned from various channels. Currently I am looking into xdccmon and xdcc-client plugins for Xchat. Lets see how they go but till now haven't found anything concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom