How many are Using Debian and derviatives

Did u Use Debian or its derivatives which one?

• Mepis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ubuntu

• Xandrows

• Linspire

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
prakash kerala said:
Yeah.Installed Xorg.did modconf to probe i915 module(intel) for detection.now works gr8.~40~mb download via apt-get.... :D
U can see my screenshot :

*images5.theimagehosting.com/Screenshot.8.th.png

Prakash Kerala.....dont you have your picture for your avtaar? Why Jagathy Sreekumar?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
prakash kerala said:
Y?he is a gr8 actor @tleast....
Hey just ignore that romeo juliet guy. He's been spamming all around the forums. BTW can u tell me how u got that sensors?

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
@vignesh
i used noia icon theme from *gnome-look.org/ and that xmms skin is actually from winamps skin collctn..... :lol: naveenchandran got a good screenshot in general section/ [Desktop Screenshot] The Official Nov 2005 Desktop thread,,...
@tech_your_future
apt-get lm_sensors,a gui for it like xsensor,gkrellm,....run sensors-detect will detect(not 100%) your mobo sensor chips...sensors-detect will show some modprobes to be copied to your /etc/modules files etc....then 'service lm_sensors restart' and sensors command will show the temp or through those GUI's... :D

Aries

Broken In
tech_your_future said:
prakash kerala said:
Y?he is a gr8 actor @tleast....
Hey just ignore that romeo juliet guy. He's been spamming all around the forums. BTW can u tell me how u got that sensors?

:D :D :D The romeo juliet guy only has 7 posts and you have 166, So if he is a spammer then what r u? :D :D :D

GOT THE POINT?

mehulved

Thanks prakash will have to come back here after I download those cd's. I really liked that skin for xmms too.

Hey aries I think u're just the same personas loveromeojuliet using a different ID. And there's a difference between spam and legitimate. High Volume doesn't automatically qualify for spam. Spam is something that's off the topic completely and my posts have hapdly veered off the topic they are on the subject matter being discussed can u even show me even 1 post of that loveromeojuliet that has helped anyone or he's asked for help or even something sensible.And in his profile he mentions that he's a system administrator! I've already almost had a flame war with him and don't want to listen any more about him.

Aries

Broken In
tech_your_future said:
Thanks prakash will have to come back here after I download those cd's. I really liked that skin for xmms too.

Hey aries I think u're just the same personas loveromeojuliet using a different ID. And there's a difference between spam and legitimate. High Volume doesn't automatically qualify for spam. Spam is something that's off the topic completely and my posts have hapdly veered off the topic they are on the subject matter being discussed can u even show me even 1 post of that loveromeojuliet that has helped anyone or he's asked for help or even something sensible.And in his profile he mentions that he's a system administrator! I've already almost had a flame war with him and don't want to listen any more about him.

I could have replied with the loveromeojuliet id if I was the same person. Dont assume things buddy. next time you have something against someone bring it up but then - with solid proof or else dont bother and waste your and others time.

mehulved

Well its u who started and I am the one who's ending this here. U can say anything u like but i'm not gonna reply any further. If u have any problems with me so be it and if not you're welcome to share a good relationship with me as a ditizen bye. Expect no more responses from me to this.

tech_your_future said:

Assumptions are not always true my friend. what flame and war did you have with me? I never even noticed you. What are you talking about my friend? Well anyways, please dont assume again, and even if you do then please do not post it here.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
@vignesh...
Am in a big mess created by ME :lol: i reinstalled my wingdows XP due to virus...AND i rescued my debian grub menu but...kernel panicked as F*** winXP rearranged my partition no.s as earlier my swap @ /dev/sda6,now @ sda7 AND MY sarge @ /dev/sda7 now @ /dev/sda8 :shock: :shock: nyways i edited all /etc/fstab and mtab entries accordingly.but again kernel Panicks...
wait few days will let u know the widget theme after rescuing Dear Sarge 3.1r0a :?
here's my sarge's panick message if anyone can help me out (my grub entries initrd all are OK AFAIK..)
my menu.lst is
title Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.14-1-686-smp (splashy)
root (hd0,7)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.14-1-686-smp root=/dev/sda8 ro vga=786 quiet
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.14-1-686-smp
savedefault
boot

Code:
VFS:Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev sda7.
mount:wrong fs type,bad option,bad superblock on /dev/sda7,
missing code page or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog -try
dmesg |tail or so.
Switching root ...
/usr/lib/yaird/exec/run_init ; current directory on the same filesystem as root:Success
kernel panic -not syncing:Attempted to kill
init!
as u can see even after changed grub entry 2 sda8 it panicks showing sda7 error while sda8 contains debian...any help appreciated..... :D

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
this is my latest screenshot of my debian sarge! :D :wink:
*www.iup.in/out.php/t350_Screenshot.png

mehulved

Hey where can I get mp3 plugins for xmms I've tried a few places t in vain. I need it for Slackware for the moment. And gimme links for debian too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom