how loud is this

Status
Not open for further replies.

neyo

Broken In
hello everyone, i'm planning to buy the logitech R-20 speakers. well it is rated 12W rms. i just wanted to ask if it loud enough for a medium sized room. or should i go for the altec lansing avs300 rated 17W rms nearly costing the same. if you had to rate for the best among these two which would you go for?

shaunak

Tux Fan
Rms [root mean square] rating is usually trustable. dont fall fot the PMPO trick.
for a medium sised room anything above 10W is good. [20W for a room with many obstructions like furniture]
idd say get the altec lansing avs300 if and only if
the speaker dosnt vibrate or distort at full voulme.

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^Real 20W is *seriously* loud if fed to high sensitivity speakers.... if fed to a 98dB/m/W or higher sensitivity speaker, it can make you deaf :p. However coming to the real question, both of them are rated at that power at 10% distortion AFAIK which will burn the tweeters if u actually try to go so loud. So the real usable power will be more like 2-3W and thats not enough for a medium to large room without distorting. You'd need better speakers.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@lalu
agree with u...but its not on that price range.

@neyo
if u can stretch out the budget a lil then go for logitech x230. Its really good nd powerful too. Good treble due to dual neodimium drivers in each speakers nd gud bass too due to ported sub. It costs around 2500/- or less but is really worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom