how long does your Nokia N-series battery last??

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i think these nokia N-Series batteries dont last long

they get discharged very soon. my new N-72 is crap....

i work in nite shifts ... keep the mobile charging till 3PM
then leave for work ...then next morning at arnd 6am when i leave for home it is almost discharged completely....

i make jus 3-4 five minute fone calls and keep the FM running for 2 hours ....

thats it .. this is pathetic ...wat say guys

and yea ... no applications are open ...

Last edited:

Wh!Zk!D

Broken In
I have an N73 and contrary to the above post, mine works pretty well. It lasts a full day with my GPRS and applications on.. which according to me is acceptable as I always keep the screen maxed out at full brightness and I have this strange habit of keeping the bluetooth on as well. I guess the N72 has a lower mAH battery. I am happy with the N73 though.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My friend has a N70ME,he uses his cell mostly for net browsing for some 5 hrs a day,calls for around an hour & BT sharing also.His battery lasts for a whole day or sometimes even a 2 days.

I think your battery is faulty.Check it with nokia priority.
Also don't overcharge,it ruins the battery life & charge holding capacity.

Wh!Zk!D

Broken In
I do not believe that a price cut might be the culprit.. might be an issue with a specific batch of batteries?? Just a thought..

expertno.1

Technomancer
Cool G5 said:
My friend has a N70ME,he uses his cell mostly for net browsing for some 5 hrs a day,calls for around an hour & BT sharing also.His battery lasts for a whole day or sometimes even a 2 days.

I think your battery is faulty.Check it with nokia priority.
Also don't overcharge,it ruins the battery life & charge holding capacity.

Yep mine N70 battery ahs been ruined......its 1 year old and due to a lot of gprs work ....it remains in charge.........so it doesn't alsts long.......

will take a new one soon:)

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
My N73 battery lasts 3 days with minimal usage.
I can listen 8 hours of music in a single charge on loudspeaker.
Can use GPRS whole day on single charge.
So its pretty good.

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
My N95 8GB battery lasts for 1.5 days with moderate usage of GPRS,music player,radio,WiFi and BT.it drains very quickly if i use GPS.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
girish.g said:
my dad's n80 lasts for 2-3 days with wifi on
what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My n80IE with wifi on and browsing is alive for 3.5 to max 4hrs

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
the.kaushik said:
what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My n80IE with wifi on and browsing is alive for 3.5 to max 4hrs
i dont actually browse i just have the option of scan for wifi network every 5 mins

eminemence

Journeyman
FM is always gonna be a major power drainer.
Just do this once:
Charge up your device and use it without listening to FM at all.You would notice where all the power is going.
Also one more thing you can do is,drain you battery completely and then keep it for charging,it will take a bit longer to charge completely but will hold charge better.
A general tip(this one is left to your convenience):charge only when the battery bar hits the lowest.Keeping your device charging unnecessarily does not really help u r battery's life at all.
--eminemence.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Right.Unnecessary charging ruins the battery life nothing else.
Charge after complete draining.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
thanks for all your replies folks ...
sry i cud not get back earlier.

i found what the culprit is .... contrary to the note in the first post that no application remains open ...i found that everytime i make a call, selecting the contacts frm the contacts list ... the contacts folder remains open in the background .. which results in a battery drain ... :|
i doesnt happen always as i use my mobile frequently to call only 4-5 no.s and they are all in my speed dial
speed dial doesnt open the contacts folder .... so i dont notice the battery drain on a regular basis ... well trouble solved .

hope you understood what i said ...

expertno.1

Technomancer
iinfi said:
i found that everytime i make a call, selecting the contacts frm the contacts list ... the contacts folder remains open in the background .. which results in a battery drain ... :|

Na dude....contacts will never drain your battery :!:
untiland unless you have some heavy app running such as gprs app or other.....

i have a lot of experience in mobiles so take ma point .

simple contacts in background is just nothing to drain the battery.....

probably ur battery is faulty.....

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom