how is the music of HTC incredible S and Samsung Galaxy S II

Gaurav

In the zone
Has anybody used this phone (HTC Incredible S)?
How is the music quality while using earphones?

I am planning to purchase this phone but want to make sure that the sound quality is very much close to the sony ericsson's walkman series (I previously owned ericsson's w810i)

Also want to know if Samsung Galaxy S II has good sound quality?

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
Depends on the earphones you use.
Am using a Galaxy S and am satisfied with a Sony Earphones ;)

I think it depends on phone too, not solely on earphones. I am using Samsung I5801 (Froyo) but the sound quality is not that good even using the sennheiser's earphones (as it used to be of sony ericsson's w810i)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II :

The Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II might have lost a mm around the waist, but it certainly hasn't lost its voice. The performance of the smartphone in our audio quality test is pretty good overall and it's really impressive in the active external amplifier part.

So when the Galaxy S I9100 has no resistance applied to its line-out it got excellent scores all over. There are really no weak points to its performance here and since its pretty loud too we are left with no other option but to give it an excellent mark.

Things aren't as impressive when you plug-in a pair of headphones. Stereo crosstalk, which increases rapidly, volume levels decrease and intermodulation distortion starts creeping in. The general result is still decent, but we've certainly seen better here.

HTC Incredible S :

The HTC Incredible S audio quality is decent, but we feel that for that kind of cash decent equals disappointing.

The smartphone is pretty good when you plug it in an active external amplifier (such as your home or car stereo), save for the higher than average stereo crosstalk. So while not perfect the device is decent on those occasions. Plus its reasonably loud.

The good news is that plugging in a pair of headphones doesn't have as disastrous an effect on stereo crosstalk as we have seen on some other smartphones. So even with its relatively low starting position it still ends up acceptable after the slide. Still, the overall impact of the applied resistance is pretty major with frequency response, dynamic range, and signal-to-noise ratio all taking a hit and the distortion levels increasing. It's nothing more than a mediocre performance by the Incredible S in these conditions.

Source(s) :
Samsung Galaxy S II Review : GSMArena.com
HTC Incredible S Review : GSMarena.com

Top Bottom