How I can setup lan b/w 2 pc?

yomanabhi

Journeyman
Hey Guys i want to connect my 2 PCs, for file sharing , lan gaming etc..

I Have 2 PCs,
First one on ground floor with internet connection of Bsnl Broadband (modem have not Wifi)

Another one on First Floor without internet connection, but it have one spare useless (but working) modem.

I just want to connect these pc ...... to share internet, and play lan games.:smile:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
You need to have a modem which supports multiple LAN connections. As far as i remember, the modem BSNL provides has two ports: one LAN and other USB. So connect the two computers to the modem, enable the DHCP in modem configuration if not enabled. You might also want to enable auto-connect in modem configuration so that the internet access is available to both PCs everytime. You need to change your PVC-6 to PPPoE and give your username password in modem configuration.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
connecting with bsnl wired modem is not possible u will need the ADSL modem + router for that or a switch

ajai5777

Youngling
You dont need two modems for that.All you need is 2 RJ45 Lan cables.Connect 2 PC's to the router using RJ45 cables.(assuming that you have 4 lan ports in your router).Then setup it as home network in both PC's (in win 7)
In advanced sharing settings
Turn on network discovery
Turn on file and printer sharing
Turn on public folder sharing
Turn off password protection

Now both PCs are connected in LAN.Internet is shared,public folders can be accessed and LAN gaming is ready.

Top Bottom