How good is this config?

Innocent Lies

Broken In
Just wanted to ask how good this config is? What games it can run and at what settings?
Also what would it be worth, buying pre owned?

Intel i5 650
Nvidia gts 450
MSI h55 p33

snap

Lurker
budget?

fill these up *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html :)

quicky008

Technomancer
Just wanted to ask how good this config is? What games it can run and at what settings?
Also what would it be worth, buying pre owned?

Intel i5 650
Nvidia gts 450
MSI h55 p33

How much ram do you have?The config is not bad,it can run most games pretty smoothly(including some very demanding ones) at medium settings and resolutions of 720p or lower,provided you have at-least 4 GB of ram.If you want even better performance,you may consider replacing the gpu with a more powerful one such as Nvidia 650 ti boost or radeon 7770(or an even more powerful one,depending on your budget),which will let you max out most games at higher resolutions.

OP
I

Innocent Lies

Broken In
Would an R9 280x go well with this?

RAM is 16 GB. As in how good are the CPU and Motherboard? or will there be bottlenecks?
Would it run games (Skyrim with graphics mods, GTA 4 with iCE enhancer, BF4, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution etc, Dark Souls etc.) in 1080p in High with a R9 280x?

BTW Does the quality of the RAM matter? The system is 2 years old so I guess it has DDR2 not so sure.

quicky008

Technomancer
You can certainly use a powerful gpu like R9 280x with this system but the cpu may bottleneck it to some extent,as its basically a dual core processor.Btw how much are you buying this system for and what is your total budget?Quality of the ram does affect the overall system stability and so its quite an important issue that shouldn't be overlooked-do you have any idea about the make and model of the ram you're getting with the system?FYI this motherboard supports only DDR3 ram.

I believe it will be able to run all of the aforementioned games at 1080p if its equipped with a r9 280X gpu.Remember that this gpu is really power hungry and therefore you may have to upgrade the system's PSU as well if you decide to go for it.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i5 650 is a dual core cpu and will bottlneck future games.its performance is not as good as i3 3220.. those mentioned modded games requires more horse power. if you can upgrade your cpu preferably and i5 haswell, then get 280x. else gpu is likely to be bottlenecked by the cpu.

OP
I

Innocent Lies

Broken In
Thanks for your replies! A friend of mine had it and was upgrading his comp and might be selling these parts. I hadn't thought of any budget, just wanted your thoughts on how good it is. Doesn't seem to be worth it, I guess. Price might be 20-25K or so.

quicky008

Technomancer
Thanks for your replies! A friend of mine had it and was upgrading his comp and might be selling these parts. I hadn't thought of any budget, just wanted your thoughts on how good it is. Doesn't seem to be worth it, I guess. Price might be 20-25K or so.

The price seems a little too high for such an old system.At 12-14k,it would have been acceptable.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

for 25k, get
fx 6300 - 7.3k
gigabyte 970 a ds3 - 5.3k
zotac gtx 650 ti boost - 12.5k

BTW, what is your psu?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Don't buy any 1st generation Intel processors now. They are EOLed for long time and if anything happens with the Motherboard, which is pretty common for old motherboards, you won't be able to find a replacement anywhere. Result,: Again buy a new CPU and Motherboard. Get the at least 3rd Gen Intel Processor or AMD AM3+ configuration.

OP
I

Innocent Lies

Broken In
Thanks for your help guys, won't be buying it.

BTW I wanted to ask about my Laptop, at what settings I can run games etc. What is the best place for it? This forum or should I ask in the Laptop forum?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Thanks for your help guys, won't be buying it.

BTW I wanted to ask about my Laptop, at what settings I can run games etc. What is the best place for it? This forum or should I ask in the Laptop forum?

yes, I am ready to answer or you just read my guide.

Top Bottom