How good Altec Lansing Speakers are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hi friends,
I suggest Altec Lansing BXR1121 Speakers to the buyers here, but haven't had any experience with it.I just suggest it based on the reviews by my friends and the users here...:D
OK.Here is the real joke... I want to buy a speaker.I had two in my mind..One is Creative SBS A300 and another one is this Altec Lansing BXR 1121 Speakers. I already checked the sound quality of Creative one and i am not feel good with it..:shock:..So i want to know how the Altec one is performing...
If anyone using this speakers, please comment about that.How the sound quality is? And how it reacts at high volume level?Is it awkward?

Waiting for the replies.....:cool:

iluckv1

Freak Geek!
Well if u r not satisfied with creative its your turn to go for Altec Lansin. I already have them on my lappy and one for my music system. They are great to get the Bass feel. Also they have next quality to that of Bose. go ahead with AL U will be happy for u r shopping

myhotdog

Journeyman
AL is best speaker I have mx5021 and its rocking. creative was very good in 2000 but now boss and altec is far ahead in quality from creative

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
dont even think of buying BXR 1121.Creative SBS is better than it.though other models of AL r very gud with punchy bass.personally i didnt like the sound quality of BXR 1121.i also own a AL VS 4121.

Raccoon

Journeyman
Before I bought my Altec Lansing ATP3, I had bought a lower model (2.1)... cant recall the model number (price was around Rs. 1,300 approx). I wasnt happy with the sound... it wasnt even as good as my crappy Mercury 2.1!! Luckily the shop exchanged it for an ATP3.

So dont go just by the brand... do some research on the model too!

toofan

Technomancer
check the speaker shoot out done by digit and those two speakers were included in that. It will give a fair idea about the situation.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
AND another word for it is junk :)

Awesome. Joke of the day.

dont even think of buying BXR 1121.Creative SBS is better than it.though other models of AL r very gud with punchy bass.personally i didnt like the sound quality of BXR 1121.i also own a AL VS 4121.

I dunno about the SBS model stated here but BXR1121 comes in the lower rungs of budget range speakers. Costs only 1.5k and for that money, its awesome :).

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

I dunno about the SBS model stated here but BXR1121 comes in the lower rungs of budget range speakers. Costs only 1.5k and for that money, its awesome :).

i've listened to both and felt that bass of Creative was better.:)\
also BXR1121 costs 1.1k.

@desiibond if u want to spend 1k more,i.e somethin like 2.5k then i think its better to get a AL VS4121.its the replacement of ATP3 and its more powerful than ATP3.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Well, personal experience always counts over written (sometimes paid :D) reviews. So, now I believe Creative is better.

deepakvrao

Broken In

Nope - I'm serious. Bose are the most over rated and over priced speakers in the market. For whatever you pay for a given model you will get a better speaker set from a 'real' speaker manufacturer.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
few days back I was also chosing between the same two speakers. I chose creative because it had 21 watt RMS whereas AL had 15 Watt RMS. they don't let us try the speakers, so couldn't compare. But I like these speakers. However consider these pros and cons:
1. It doesn't have a headphone jack
2. It doesn't have a separate on/off button (in the volume knob itself)
3. all three speakers are not detachable
4. the subwoofer is very light
5. DC adapter is bulky to say the least (300-400gms I presume) :D

azbokikr

Broken In
Hey guys, i was thinking of picking up an Altec Lansing VS2421. Is it a good buy or should i look for something else in the same budget(~2.5k)?

EDIT: is there any significant difference in performance between the VS2421 and the VS2521?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom