How do ya convert *.mp4 files 2 *.mpg or viseversa...

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I've some *.mp4 files... but need 2 c them on VCD...

How do ya convert *.mp4 files 2 *.mpg or viseversa...

I searched thru the forms.. but to no avail...

Is there a fast & accurate sw.... i tried many video convertors but none read *.mp4 files... although i've the latest codecs 4 almost all video media.. those of K-Lite Codec Pack 2.20, Nimo Codec Pack 5.0 build 8, Codec Pack All in 1 6.0.0.7, DivX bundle 5.2.1....

What should i do...

I GOOGLED & got some "ImTOO MPEG Encoder"... @ *www.tomdownload.com/multimedia_design/video/imtoo_mpeg_encoder.htm

But... is it the same *.mp4 i need 2 convert... or is it DIVX conversion...

I don't wanna waste my MB package dlding somethin which might not b useful 2 me... so.. i'm askin this doubt...*www.divinedivinity.net/smilies/crying3.gif

swatkat

Technomancer
some of the tools available r:-
River Past Video Cleaner
River Past Video Cleaner converts MP4 to AVI, DivX, DV, GIF, MOV, WMV and more...

ImTOO MPEG Encoder
ImTOO said:
ImTOO MPEG Encoder is a mpeg4 or mp4 converter.It can convert mp4 to MPEG file, convert mp4 to avi file and convert mp4 to DVD. It's not only a mp4 decoder but a mp4 encoder. It supports convert avi to mp4, mpeg to mp4 and mp3 to mp4, etc. A lot of settings you can tweak to achieve best video and audio quality.

so, u can convert MP4 to either AVI (using River Past) or to MPEG (using ImTOO) and then create VCDs using these files...

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I dlded ImTOO MPEG Encoder. It's "profile" is good.. a lotta conversions supported...

ImTOO MPEG Encoder - Powerful AVI Mpeg MP4 converter encoder codec which can convert AVI to DVD, avi to mpg. ImTOO MPEG Encoder support converting most video file format including DVD VCD AVI WMV MP4 MOV 3GP animated GIF RM ASF and audio file formats like MP3 WMA OGG AAC M4A WAV AC3 and so on. It can also convert audio file or extract audio from video file. For example, convert AC3 to WAV, AVI to MP3, convert MP4 to MP3 etc.

Features:
* Convert AVI to DVD format file (vob file)
ImTOO MPEG Encoder is a avi to DVD conversion software. It supports converting various avi file to DVD format file.
* Convert MPEG4 ( MP4 ) file
ImTOO MPEG Encoder is a Mpeg4 or MP4 Converter Encoder and Codec. It can convert MP4 to MPEG file, convert MP4 to AVI file and convert MP4 to DVD. It's not only a MP4 converter but a MP4 encoder. It supports convert AVI to MP4, MPEG to MP4 and MP3 to MP4, etc. A lot of settings you can tweak to achieve best video and audio quality.
* Convert AVI to VCD and SVCD format file
ImTOO MPEG Encoder is not only an avi to DVD converter but can convert avi file to MPEG1 or MPEG2 file which complied with VCD ( Video CD ) or SVCD (Super Video CD) standard.
* Convert MPEG to DVD format file (vob file)
ImTOO MPEG Encoder is a MPEG to DVD converter software. It supports converting MPEG to DVD format file. MPEG1, MPEG2 and MPEG4 ( MP4 ) files are supported.
* Convert AVI to MPEG file
You can use ImTOO MPEG Encoder to convert to MPEG ( MPEG1, MPEG2 ) file. A lot of settings you can tweak to achieve best video and audio quality.
* 3GP converter
ImTOO MPEG Encoder is an AVI to 3GP converter and a mpeg to 3GP converter. The 3GP format files are supported by many mobile devices, such as Nokia mobile phone. You can use ImTOO MPEG Encoder to convert AVI to 3GP, to convert Mpeg to 3GP and watch the the 3GP files in your Nokia mobile phone. You can also convert 3GP file to AVI or MPG file.
* Easier to use and faster than ever
* All properties and settings are displayed in the interface
* All encoders/codecs are built-in
* Supports batch conversion
* Supports preview
* Converts any clip or segment
* Excellent output quality

Settings:
* Select video size, bitrate, NTSC/PAL, frame rate etc.;
* Choose disable video or not when converting video files.
* Audio codec, bitrate, sample rate etc. are selectable.
* Much much more expert settings...

Supported file format :
Video: MPEG ( Mpg, Mpeg, Dat, Vob ); WMV; ASF; AVI; QuichTime( Mov, Qt ); MPEG4 ( MP4 ); 3GP; DV( Dv, Dif ); Real Video ( Rm ); Animated GIF ( Gif - decoding only ); Macromedia Flash ( Swf - decoding audio only );
Audio: MPEG Audio( Mp2, Mp3 ); WMA; WAV; AU; MP4 Audio( M4a ); Real Audio ( Ra ); OGG; AAC ( will support soon ); Raw AC3 ( Ac3 ); NUT Open Container Format(nut)

IMPRESSIVE RESUME.. right...

But... when i tried 2 convert files... it fails... dunno why... only mpg to mp4 conversion happens.. all other conversions fail... *www.divinedivinity.net/smilies/wallbash2.gif
ANY IDEA Y...
Also mp4 conversions @ certain bps fail...*www.divinedivinity.net/smilies/argh.gif
Anyone who used it.. successfully.. please guide...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Not so sure on this one....but try Tmpgenc www.tmpgenc.net/e_download.html

Its quite the best utility to convert most formats to .Mpg :wink:

Btw yea .mp4 is a Divx Compression i.e it is compressed under Mpeg-4 layer compression and mainly have the .avi,.mp4,.qt,.ogm etc. extensions 8)

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
ImTOO MPEG Encoder is good... but... when i tried 2 convert files... it fails... dunno why... only mpg to mp4 conversion happens.. all other conversions fail...
ANY IDEA Y...
Also mp4 conversions @ certain bps fail...
Anyone who used it.. successfully.. please guide...

G

gxsaurav

mpeg4 is not DivX, but DivX is based on mpeg4, mpeg4 is a standerd

I use quicktime, first convert it to uncompressed avi or with Sorenson Video 3, then import in Premiere if editing is required, or convert to mpg via Tmpgenc

quad master

In the zone
I tried RiverPast Video Cleaner for .mp4 to .avi conversion
using Xvid+Mp3 codecs but only one second of video was converted
and the conversion process stopped.

The .mp4 file which i am having is Nero Recode Mpeg4 file.

@Gaurav
Is it possible with Nero to Convert Nero Mpeg4 Digital .mp4 file to .avi
The avi file should be [Xvid/Divx/3ivx + Mp3]
IF yes how using Nero Recode which version.

One Guide for Nero Digital .mp4 to AVI here
*club.cdfreaks.com/lite/t-84312.html
but is quite tedious.

Gaurav

In the zone
You can use "MPEG4 Direct Maker" to convert any video file to any format here's the URL for the software (it's shareware)
*www.artech365.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom