How do I repair a corrupt RAR archive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Once Corrupt, it is almost impossible to recover a corrupt archive.. If the archive contains many small files the it is possible to recover files whose CRC r not damaged..
If A single file has been compressed then it is impossible 4 any software to rebuild the Original DATA.
BUt u can try www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/ Compression_and_Zip_File_Utilities/Advanced_RAR_Repair.html

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Tried out Advanced RAR Repair. Didn't work.
The dumbest thing is that the archive only has a 700 MB movie. Wonder why the moron who created it had to compress it. Serves no purpose.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Prevention is always better then cure. N sometimes there is no cure to some things. So be sure always add a recovery record.

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
q3_abhi said:
Prevention is always better then cure. N sometimes there is no cure to some things. So be sure always add a recovery record.
How can I add a recovery record. I'm not the one who made the archive.

expertno.1

Technomancer
@drvarunmehta

How can I add a recovery recordp/quote]

in order to do this

at the time of making the archive in the rigth side mar the "add recovery record"

this will add the recovefry record which will be 1 % of the total sized archive

well if the archive becomes corrupt then there is 75% chance to recover the files of the archive

so mind it in future

well to repair rar files u can even use winrar
or Advanced RAR Repair but as you mentioned that it didn't worked out then probbably your archive is beyond repairings
sorry for that now u cannot recover from it
but always midn to add a recovery record in future if you create one

many times repairing rar archives dont work but alsmot 45% times works

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
You misunderstood me. I am NOT the one who made the archive. I downloaded it. If the person who made it didn't add a recovery record what can I do?

expertno.1

Technomancer
If the person who made it didn't add a recovery record what can I do?

he drvarunmehta be cool

see what i posted plz seee it

well to repair rar files u can even use winrar
or Advanced RAR Repair but as you mentioned that it didn't worked out then probbably your archive is beyond repairings
sorry for that now u cannot recover from it
but always midn to add a recovery record in future if you create one

many times repairing rar archives dont work but alsmot 45% times works

q3_abhi

Youngling
drvarunmehta said:
You misunderstood me. I am NOT the one who made the archive. I downloaded it. If the person who made it didn't add a recovery record what can I do?

I misunderstood it. Sorry.

T

thunderbird.117

use par2.here is the link and the description:-

*www.par2.net/

What is a PAR file?

Parchive parity files (or par files for short) create redundant data that can be used later in case parts of the original data is lost or corrupted. Par files allow file level recovery of data. That is, out of a group of many files, if a limited number of files are lost or corrupted, they can be recovered. These files will have the extensions of .par, .p01, .p02 etc.

i hope that solves.[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom