How do I fix Router wi-fi problem?

aal-ok

Demon king
I recently changed my SSID and password due to fear of hacking, now I can connect to internet using Ethernet, but wi-fi is not working properly, it disconnects after every hour or so and i can reconnect only after switching it off for an hour(maybe, i haven’t tested it’s time duration.) i made it invisible in the start but reverted after the issue, i have tried reconfiguring and resetting, nothing works, it is d-link 2750u and isp is MTNL

D@rekills4

In the zone
I recently changed my SSID and password due to fear of hacking, now I can connect to internet using Ethernet, but wi-fi is not working properly, it disconnects after every hour or so and i can reconnect only after switching it off for an hour(maybe, i haven’t tested it’s time duration.) i made it invisible in the start but reverted after the issue, i have tried reconfiguring and resetting, nothing works, it is d-link 2750u and isp is MTNL

Strange, this shouldn't really happen just by changing SSID and Password.
Are you sure you did click on any other setting by mistake?

Just to make sure that it isn't your ISP, you could try connecting the modem directly to your PC to see if it's stable for a long time.

OP
aal-ok

aal-ok

Demon king
that might have been it, I restored the setting (going through 192.168.1.1) and now it works like a charm.

OP
aal-ok

aal-ok

Demon king
It is better to get the assistance of the service provider as it is an issue that cannot be sorted out all by yourself.

yes, it is always wise to call in the experts, and i would have if the problem persisted for a couple more days, but as i said, it works perfectly now!

Top Bottom