How do I check if my PC is running in dual channel mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I just bought a Athlon64 3000+ S939, MSI RS480 mobo and 2x512 MB DDR400 Transcend RAM.
I know that my mobo supports dual channel mode and both sticks of RAM have been inserted in the proper slots to run them in dual channel mode according to the manual. However I couldn't find any setting in the BIOS to enable dual channel mode.
How can I check if my memory is running in dual channel mode? Is it enabled by default or do I have to adjust some settings?

godblessedson

Broken In
Disable MSI logo in BIOS

1. If you are using RS 480 M2 mobo and your two RAMs are in 1st and 2nd slot/or 3rd and 4th slot you are in dual channel. It is by defulat enabled. So you dont need to do any setting in BIOS for that.

2. To see your PC displaying same, disable boot screen Logo of MSI from BIOS, save BIOS settings and Reboot your system. Now you must see your Processor info, RAM info (physical size and channel) and it shall also display 128 bit, your IDE channel or SATA channel devices if any.

crashuniverse

In the zone
i can suggest one thing but i m not sure its gonna work or not.
find something on bios to disable SILENT BOOT. disabling it does memory test at the beginning. And thats exactly where u see the results.

U need to be quick there as it flasghes only for 2 s n then it goes on...
well thats what happens with my intel but u say u have amd so there can be a variation on the bios.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
crashuniverse said:
i can suggest one thing but i m not sure its gonna work or not.
find something on bios to disable SILENT BOOT. disabling it does memory test at the beginning. And thats exactly where u see the results.

U need to be quick there as it flasghes only for 2 s n then it goes on...
well thats what happens with my intel but u say u have amd so there can be a variation on the bios.

Dude, that's what godblesssedson said too. And disabling silent boot don't do mem testing, it just shows the bios post screen, which is all that is needed.
But the elegant way, as suggested by others, is to use cpuz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom