How can i overclocked my CPU Clock speed ?

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Hello there,

I have a intel 945 Mobo and Intel Pentium Dual cpu E2160 1.80 Ghz processor Please tell me can i overclock it to atleast 2.5 ghz. Actually i need to run a game..which need minimum 2.4 ghz of cpu and because of my cpu, i can't play that...

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Hello there,

I have a intel 945 Mobo and Intel Pentium Dual cpu E2160 1.80 Ghz processor Please tell me can i overclock it to atleast 2.5 ghz. Actually i need to run a game..which need minimum 2.4 ghz of cpu and because of my cpu, i can't play that...

Please Tell Me How can i overclock my cpu. I read in other forums that E2160 CHips can go to 3.0 Ghz after OC. If this is correct, Please Help me to OC it to atlease 2.5 Ghz....

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
I have got zotac gt630. i installed it last week......

Asingh _ I have read in other forums that E2160 can go to 3.0 ghz...what's that ? I only need 2.5ghz....Please guide me...i have spent money on my gpu..now I can't go for new CPU at this time...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
mobos like Wipro 945GCT mostly used in budget OEM pcs and such pcs don't allow ocing .. so the only option left for you is to try SetFSB app.

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Is it safe to use that app. I mean i had never test that app so increase the risk of system failure.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
OCing is always a risky business do it using some app or through bios setup but still I won't recommend you to OC the cpu .. if possible try to get a cheap G41 mobo from Asus .. it should at-least allow you to OC the cpu but I still think your PSu is not good enough for OCing.

Top Bottom