how can i lock my stolen fone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
My SE T230 stolen on last wednesday. i want to know how can i lock my phone using the IMEI no.???????? please help me....thanks in advance...

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Call your operator .. airtel, cellone, whatever.
You need to file an FIR at the nearest police station ... you'll need original receipts of the mobile.
Take a copy of FIR,reciepts,etc to your nearest cell phone operator's office
They'll lock the account .. (not sure about the cell phone though)
You'll get a new SIM with the same phone number .. and previous balance back ( from the time you filed the FIR )

That how it works with most of the services

----
alibi

moshel

Padawan
after u make and FIR and give the IMEI number to the police, they in turn give it to all the cell phone operators, so that even if some other company's sim is put inside the phone, it can still be detected.
but i really dont know whether this way ppl get the phone back or not.
i think this system is quite secure, but maybe the cops dont put in so much effort in finding the lost phone

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Dont do anything!!! Even if u lock the IMEI no. it can be easily unlocked/cracked with the help of free s/w available on the net. It wont b worth the efforts u will be taking. So just lodge FIR, block ur no. and forget about d phone.

paul_007

Padawan
Code:
Dont do anything!!! Even if u lock the IMEI no. it can be easily unlocked/cracked with the help of free s/w available on the net. It wont b worth the efforts u will be taking. So just lodge FIR, block ur no. and forget about d phone.

i completely agree with Akshay nowadays stolen phones cant be found so dont wate ur time and energy
by now the person must have already changed the IMEI no. and have bought his own sim card ,thus no way of tracking him

robogeek

Broken In
no.. the operators are not locking the phone when we show IMEI number and FIR that it is stolen..

they are telling still there is no such rule in INDIA and they will not do that all though we show them FIR..

we can only get back our SIM with balance by showing FIR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom