How Can I get My Data Back?

surajsoni

Right off the assembly line
I have a 250 GB. Segate Portable Hdd. It has 225 GB of data. Last week when I plug in computer, (PC was virus infected) all my data folders got invisible and it showing a Window folder in it. It is also showing 232 GB of Capacity and All 232 GB of space showing as a free space. But, It has 225 GB of Data. The Data is also not showing on Command Prompt. How can I got my folder and data back? Please Help Me.

Flake

Linux User
I would suggest you to try any Linux Distro. Best option is, Ubuntu or Mint. Boot up from LiveCD of Ubuntu and plug-in your portable HDD. It will detect and mount HDD. Check if it shows contents of your HDD correctly. You can remove Virus and back up data too.

paroh

Padawan
Smart Virus Remover
*www.technize.com/?dl_id=6

IF it works its good

otherwise the best option given by @ghost at rest to go with

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Ya best option is the linux way as suggested. But as you're saying that all the space is being showed up as free space, it may be possible that virus has deleted all the data. Use Reccuva.

Also to unhide the files & folders on the HDD, given they exist, run this command in cmd-> attrib *.* -s -h -r /d /s. The files will become visible.

frankeric

Journeyman
I have a 250 GB. Segate Portable Hdd. It has 225 GB of data. Last week when I plug in computer, (PC was virus infected) all my data folders got invisible and it showing a Window folder in it. It is also showing 232 GB of Capacity and All 232 GB of space showing as a free space. But, It has 225 GB of Data. The Data is also not showing on Command Prompt. How can I got my folder and data back? Please Help Me.

hi bud you can try data recovery software i use stellar phoenix data recovery tool its a free and power full tool.

Top Bottom