How can i fix this in utorrent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
the icon at the bottom of the utorrent client is yellow. unless it turns green, it cud mean a problem with my connection. (thats wat it says when i hover my mouse over it) wat can i do to make it green and improve speeds? shud i switch to another torrent client?

goobimama

 Macboy
That icon indicates whether your port is open or not. Clicking on it will bring up the port forwarding something. Then just navigate so that you reach a page where they will list all the modems and how to configure them to open up a port. From the list locate your modem (not that it might just list the chip name rather than the brand name) and open up that port.

This will help you seed better more than leech so use accordingly.

hansraj

In the zone
to find out how to forward the port for ur modem this link might be useful

*portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Find the router which u have and then check the procedure for u torrent.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
What company made is ur router ?? and yes, unless it is green with a white tick mark within it, it means ur ports are closed and it results in ONLY slower downloads, but please DO NOT link the number of seeders with ur torrent speed as its really not related (always) as it depends on the uploaders upload speed for that particular file.. :)

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
no. of seeds does improve speeds greatly in many cases. i just wanted to know how to increase download speeds. wat is the speed i should get if the no of seeders is around 200? will port forwarding help increase speeds? if so by how much?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Depends on no. of leechers then... even if you have like 200 seeds, and there are 1600 leechers, speed is gonna be slow. But for low no. of leechers, you can get really good speeds. Of course, make sure you have all possible trackers for the particular torrent, so you wont miss out on more peers. Port forwarding wont make a difference unless and until your ISP throttles bittorrent. Some providers do in some areas, others dont in other areas. So its still unclear which ISP blocks torrent in which area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom