How can I create bootable cds??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
I tried to make bootable cd's by burning iso file to cd. But it didn't boot. How will I make a bootable cd. :?:

sms_solver

In the zone
First you need bootable CD, say of Win98SE or Norton AV cd

Extract bootimage from these CD using IsoBuster, and save the file (*.img) or something in a folder

Then use nero, select Bootable CD, select the saved image file and copy all necessay file

Note: Bootable CD can not be used as multisession (i guess)
:D

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
create a bootable floppy using insering a blank floppy in ur floppy deive and format using "create a MS-DOS startup disk"

then in NERO use this floppy to create a Bootable CD and when it asks for image give ur floppy... by default it will detect it...

then burn the CD it will let u boot frm CD.

theraven

Technomancer
depends on what kinda bootable cd u wanna make
this will boot the cd into DOS ... and then u can run whatever u want from ur cds
if ur talkin abt bootable as in AUTOMATIC OS bootable .. well in that case u just need the original cd ofcourse since its not illegal to make a backup copoy of ur windows ... u can do it easily ...
just use the original cd ... use ULTRAISO and extract the bootimage from it
and use that when writing with nero ..

geekgod

Journeyman
i want to create bootable cd for installing the suse 9.1 personal edition using the iso image given in the digit dvd. how do i go about it?

saROMan

QA Juggler
the most secure way........google for WinImage d/l it
insert a bootable floppy .....(check ShekharPalash post for tat)
start win image and create image file of floppy n save it on HDD say Boot.img ,start Nero ,check the optn make bootable ......browse to boot.img.....Vola.........ur done.......

Hey pple BTW the medkit ISO can be used to make Bootable CD??? ..right..sorry havnt used it yet so donno......

theraven

Technomancer
make sure u made ur cd/dvd drive as first boot device from bios ..
cuz the suse given in digit is pretty much bootable ... !!

casanova

The Frozen Nova
for win9x copy the bootable files from a floppy
for linux copy the files from the linux bootable floppy
but from win2000 onwards if u craete a bootable cd with a win9x or winme floppy, and when u boot from cd and run setup.exe it will show u a message rhis setup cannot be run in DOS mode. so just run winnt.exe and then run setup winnt.exe is in the i386 folder

casanova

The Frozen Nova
what bootxp is a software from nullsoft to change the bootscreens and it corrupted my installation

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Weird, I could boot using the SuSe ISO boot image. :? Are you sure the 1st boot device is set to your CD/DVD? :D Sorry, had to ask Couldn't resist that one :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom