How 2 Recover files

Status
Not open for further replies.

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hi all,

i accidentally deleted a user in windows xp using the administrator login. but now i reliased that this user had some very important data on his desktop. but becuase i deleted the user, all his data is gone....can any1 help me recover these files....? any help is appriciated

thanx

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
You can try tools such as PC Inspector File Recovery (freeware), R-Undelete to recover the files.

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
thanx i tried O&O UnErase 2.0 and got all my files back...but let me tell u that for a rookie its not all that easy to use this software...neway thanx once again

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
the recovered files does not seem to work........any image and doc files are working. none of the zips and rars seem to work........any ideas ????

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
There is no guarantee dude that all the files will be recovered successfully using ne such tool!

It depends upon many factors, like time period after deletion, etc.

So i think there is no such s/w, which allows u to recover all files every time :wink:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
one other software that i personaly like... & have seen in real action... is

*www.stellarinfo.com/

but hay as Vishal says...

Vishal said:
There is no guarantee dude that all the files will be recovered successfully using ne such tool!

jay4u

In the zone
Give a try to DRIVERESCUE... hope it works for you.....

And sorry BOSS data recovery is aforbidden fruit... the results are never garaunteed....

calvin

Broken In
i feel drive rescue is really effective. provided you haven't copied too many new files to the system after that file got deleted

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
varungupta17 said:
Try to search on GOOGLE !!!

thats about as useful as a pen to a chicken! If you have nothing to say then I would suggest that you refrain from saying anything.

I personally have used "Get Data back" which supports both FAT and NTFS drives. It also supports SATA drives as well. I have used this to retrieve more than 100 GB of data. However in your case it might be difficult to retrieve workable data. Simply because since you deleted the account of a person, the relevant info is stored typically in C: and this drive is constantly being written to and written on top of. Hence the data might be unusable.

dragon_gr8

Right off the assembly line
agree with icecoolz getdataback is the best and to retrieve "c:" data is difficult, and getdataback is not free :mrgreen:

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
u cud try PC inspector file recovery (it's free) although the integrity of the data is something that is doubtable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom