HoT PSU !!!!! Help Guys !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarun

In the zone
Hi guys i again have a problem with my scrap VIP 4oo watts PSU. When my pc boots into windows in the startup my folding@home client starts and after 5 mins of folding the psu quit hot i cant even touch the psu i burn my finger why is it so ??? pls help guys

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
1 question. Why the hack you try to touch your PSU? Touching it made it cool down before?

Obviously it seems there is Dirt accumulated in your PSU. Take it to a service centre to clean it. Is your cabby fully clean? extra dust anywhere?

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Tarun: there is some problem with PSU..send it RMA if under warranty or else buy a good PSU (such as Corsair,CM or Seasonic)

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
normally even under load PSU doesn't get that hot as specified by you...:flamethrower:
so there is seriously something wrong with the PSU as suggested by Zangetsu:thumbs:
get it changed if its under RMA or better get a new branded one if you can afford ....:unsure:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Clean the already accumulated dust inside the fan blades. If not much dust is there, then your PSU has gone bad. Send it for RMA.

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
i have to replace it i guess then my cabby is very clean i clean it once a week i guess :p

i took the PSU before i got into hardware and these thing i was unaware i am planning of FSP Saga II 500w or a Corsair CX430V2 which one should i go with i m plannng to upgrade my GPU with something like 6850 or at most GTS450

1 question. Why the hack you try to touch your PSU? Touching it made it cool down before?
i was just closing the side panel and a wire was stuck between just was moving int and my hand touched the bottom part of the PSU

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
y not a corsair CX430 v2 can i ask ??? and will Seasonic S12II 430 be enough for 6850????

will a FSP SagaII 500w be enough ??? (12v AMPS)

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Hi guys i again have a problem with my scrap VIP 4oo watts PSU. When my pc boots into windows in the startup my folding@home client starts and after 5 mins of folding the psu quit hot i cant even touch the psu i burn my finger why is it so ??? pls help guys

Time for a replacement if under warranty, if not gift it to me.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thread locked.

A Captain Oblivious question....with a Captain Obvious answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom