Horror game ideas

Nerevarine

Incarnate
this is a description of "rogue-like" games.

Roguelike - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roguelikes are a subset of RPGs, from my POV, only point #33 belongs to roguelike genre and I think it deserves to be in a horror game as it will increase the amount of tension

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
-constant atmosphere with sounds - wind, rumbling, baby crying, rats scurrying
-illogical passageways, they open up where you started. One more is its a never ending passage in one direction, but you can exit if you switch directions.
-signs and markings from a previous adventurer (similar to the messages left in Portal)
-mobs of small, fast, flying swarms of easy to kill creeps (think pigeon-rat hybrids)
-partial loss of control, there are times when you can only aim and shoot, or you can only run and the weapon shoots by itself
-loading screen is pit and the pendulum setup - you are on a bed in the middle, the walls are closing in and a pendulum with a sword attached to the front is swinging and lowering towards you

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have seen most of the points posted here in Horror games I played.

Silent Hill
Evil within
Doom 3
The Thing
Outlast

what I have experienced is that if there is no Gun Fire/Ammo element in the game and only hide/run then the Scare Factor increases 10x

- Hiding under bed/Cupboards and peeping through it for looking the monsters and breathing heavily
- Torchlight power goes off suddenly and you are in the middle of danger area with lots of roaring sound.
- Roaming under the sewage waters with water sound on each step you take.
- Complete silence (no bg) and only water drop leaks sound (tip,tip,tip...)
- You are in Living room and suddenly a loud noise of vessels dropping...it could be a cat/mouse or anything (u just have to go there to find out)

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
- You are in Living room and suddenly a loud noise of vessels dropping...it could be a cat/mouse or anything (u just have to go there to find out)

That one reminds me of Alien vs Predator when you play as the Colonial Marine. You have a motion detector and everytime I see a blip, my heart stops. Is it a Xenomorph or just some machine or a hanging hook?

rowdy

Banned
I want a team a team with persons with different specialties and together we will make a good game I am good at animations how about others?

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
I am good at design, programming and finishing projects.
I want to make a horror game with elements from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday 13th with puzzle and tension elements for consoles but currently i don't have enough resources. Currently i am busy creating high quality games for mobile and probably steam depending on the game.

Last edited:
OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Guys, can we be on topic here ? This is not game development recruitment thread.

Start a Game Development thread in programming for all your aspirations. It will be more useful.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
- You enter a silent room with low light which has lots of Dolls (some are broken some are good) and only 1 doll is alive...u don't know which one.
- Its time for a Monster fight in a enclosed room/area and u have Freaky psycho with big Chopper (only 10 bullets) and the Monster take exactly 10 bullets to die but the problem is light is switching on/off just like Camera flash light...its hard to Aim :mrgreen:

- - - Updated - - -

I want a team a team with persons with different specialties and together we will make a good game I am good at animations how about others?

This guy is a SPAMMER

Flash

Lost in speed
- You enter a silent room with low light which has lots of Dolls (some are broken some are good) and only 1 doll is alive...u don't know which one.
- Its time for a Monster fight in a enclosed room/area and u have Freaky psycho with big Chopper (only 10 bullets) and the Monster take exactly 10 bullets to die but the problem is light is switching on/off just like Camera flash light...its hard to Aim :mrgreen:
That monster will be pwnd by Daredevil. :lol:

Idea: At some point, the room in which the player stand, starts to spin and a monster hand comes out of your ceiling.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The SCP-foundation wiki is a goldmine for fanmade horror game ideas.. I love this SCP-173

Description: Moved to Site-19 1993. Origin is as of yet unknown. It is constructed from concrete and rebar with traces of Krylon brand spray paint. SCP-173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with SCP-173. Personnel assigned to enter container are instructed to alert one another before blinking. Object is reported to attack by snapping the neck at the base of the skull, or by strangulation. In the event of an attack, personnel are to observe Class 4 hazardous object containment procedures.

Personnel report sounds of scraping stone originating from within the container when no one is present inside. This is considered normal, and any change in this behaviour should be reported to the acting HMCL supervisor on duty.

The reddish brown substance on the floor is a combination of feces and blood. Origin of these materials is unknown. The enclosure must be cleaned on a bi-weekly basis.

The entire site is fanmade !

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The SCP-foundation wiki is a goldmine for fanmade horror game ideas.. I love this SCP-173

The entire site is fanmade !

I am a regular reader at that site.

SCP-106 is even more scary. Also SCP-895.

SCP-106:

Description: SCP-106 appears to be an elderly humanoid, with a general appearance of advanced decomposition. This appearance may vary, but the “rotting” quality is observed in all forms. SCP-106 is not exceptionally agile, and will remain motionless for days at a time, waiting for prey. SCP-106 is also capable of scaling any vertical surface and can remain suspended upside down indefinitely. When attacking, SCP-106 will attempt to incapacitate prey by damaging major organs, muscle groups, or tendons, then pull disabled prey into its pocket dimension. SCP-106 appears to prefer human prey items in the 10-25 years of age bracket.

SCP-106 causes a “corrosion” effect in all solid matter it touches, engaging a physical breakdown in materials several seconds after contact. This is observed as rusting, rotting, and cracking of materials, and the creation of a black, mucus-like substance similar to the material coating SCP-106. This effect is particularly detrimental to living tissues, and is assumed to be a “pre-digestion” action. Corrosion continues for six hours after contact, after which the effect appears to “burn out”.

SCP-106 is capable of passing through solid matter, leaving behind a large patch of its corrosive mucus. SCP-106 is able to “vanish” inside solid matter, entering what is assumed to be a form of “pocket dimension”. SCP-106 is then able to exit this dimension from any point connected to the initial entry point (examples: “entering” the inner wall of a room, and “exiting” the outer wall. Entering a wall, and exiting from the ceiling). It is unknown if this is the point of origin for SCP-106, or a simple “lair” created by SCP-106.

Last edited:
Top Bottom