Hope ur hotmail mail is safe !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Hotmail user/s logged into their account this week to find that scammers had deleted all their e-mails except for one, which was from a hacker demanding cash in exchange for restoring the lost information, according to Websense. Websense said this scam is a variant of ransomware, which is a malicious program that encrypts documents on the victim's computer and asks for a payment in order to decrypt the files.

*www.zdnet.com.au/news/security/soa...h_extortion_scam/0,130061744,339272681,00.htm

David Emm, senior technology consultant at Kaspersky UK, said: "Within a corporation, the IT department normally backs up files. The danger is where attacks are launched at smaller businesses (without IT departments) and individuals".

another classic case of :twisted: ransomware at work !

mihirvashist

Journeyman
anandk said:
Hotmail user/s logged into their account this week to find that scammers had deleted all their e-mails except for one, which was from a hacker demanding cash in exchange for restoring the lost information, according to Websense. Websense said this scam is a variant of ransomware, which is a malicious program that encrypts documents on the victim's computer and asks for a payment in order to decrypt the files.

*www.zdnet.com.au/news/security/soa/Hotmail_used_to_launch_extortion_scam/0,130061744,339272681,00.htm

David Emm, senior technology consultant at Kaspersky UK, said: "Within a corporation, the IT department normally backs up files. The danger is where attacks are launched at smaller businesses (without IT departments) and individuals".

another classic case of :twisted: ransomware at work !

don't mind but such ransomwares were around for some time so it is not a new news to me...maybe they appeared on the net on mass scale now and that's why this news is being published now.....well gud for the rest of the members

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
mihirvashist said:
.....well gud for the rest of the members

actually this was meant for the rest of the members ;-) ... for those who did not know.

ransomware may be old, mihir...but this hotmail news was posted around an hour back or so only on the net :)

Last edited:
A

ankitsagwekar

hotmail is safe

i m using hotmail 2 year there is to problem like that
i also read news at zdnet it is user falt hacker not hack hotmail site or mail server
pc in cyber cafe is alreay has spyware so hacker hack outlook

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i wish some one hacks in to my hotmail/rediff/sify account... and takes all emails... i will be glad... why ?? because only emails that come are spams... lol...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
saurav_cheeta said:
i wish some one hacks in to my hotmail/rediff/sify account... and takes all emails... i will be glad... why ?? because only emails that come are spams... lol...
QFT
+1

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
saurav_cheeta said:

U r absolutely right friend. Me too, facing the same prob. :D
I m afraid, what will happen if someone hacks thinkdigit.com :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom