Honor 10 vs OnePlus 6: Post your opinions!

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/HUqKJXFsWDQ9C1iKUhW84-Mcc6J1jHeXWVoOU5ipazqqFGo5D2m2WvlOFH53Y2clR1LKPfPBcbH3ahmTZFHDEyZuqi1uYaDW5xM6uH6VAbmA2PHXPb3dNRg9MKXfA-aYQCDJufNY​

One of the biggest competitors to the Honor 10 is the OnePlus 6. Not only do both smartphones feature a notched display, but both smartphones also feature pretty good cameras.

The OnePlus 6 sports a 16MP + 20MP setup at the back, while the Honor 10 features a 16MP + 24MP setup. Further, the OnePlus 6 sports a 16MP, while Honor’s flagship sports a 24MP.

The difference further widens when you take a look at the details. The OnePlus 6 comes with a wider aperture as compared to the Honor 10. However, the Honor 10 comes with AI that can automatically recognise over 500 scenarios.

Honor has sent over some camera samples taken by the Honor 10 and the OnePlus 6. Let’s take a look at them, shall we?

Outdoors, bright sunlight

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/ePDqBIQq8tjrqE3aAEgPw6hp5AhVUdi622tdSbmNt6orHk1tcNpqeADJ0wzpmEa2GoLADRw1O2Kh_I9r-ATgKUYvh9ct1W2UPURkaNH3i_XjUG53UIA36W9AD2LESNJyzwHKsOj221bzo3jp8w
Left: Honor 10, Right: OnePlus 6

Outdoors, macro mode

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/mBMjoPhMus0aC_EnEFx7SSb57pCkRIXXqwGI4AjHV7jTpvxTykkJVrqr8MOimkTc4MSyJtYDh0iOmrVA1yP_wrE3hO1xeVVQp-gWQ698ar-vceSMz5cmtboB5A_K1NL49vI6t1qBIqnOKknYZw

Indoor

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/WiOp3VxPhZoOOAXXhC6x9aTb4Yrb77PXs5MhN2MJkrE2nOv2cpHadpkhDX7sGDETmDqGrlj1YDFnGP9Bw9j2n7Y-a7p6Vk9Ajp54k5zhdP4Q3j7DpLssN6pVRMogFq178FdCYd6HqWpY5yB93Q
Top: Honor 10, Bottom: OnePlus 6

Low light

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/R8nTrgvC3WYKv8xrBNnJBAkm455MI0dbIJyer53ZtXui208ZxhANMnO6jf0KcZLQB69ENdbvCyr2Yfl0IyujtYl-Ro9yg-X8jw5yskC_dBIUa9fVLkDYjjXjNLzVrc9Z9mEwgWUATNICk5f7tg

So what do you guys think about the camera quality between the two phones? Which one do you think takes better shots? Sound off below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
OP6 would perform better. It has OIS and EIS. Gcam would also work on it since there is no restriction on bootloader unlocking and/or rooting it. Until this "AI" camera can beat gcam, no matter how many scenes it can detect, it won't be a preferred option.

From my observation from other reviews, the AI of Huawei oversaturates the images a bit, which is pleasing to look for common folks, but isn't always the best choice as Samsung went down that road & have dialed back on their saturation nowadays.

From the comparisons, it is evident that Honor 10 has more saturated images. But its kind of difficult to decide a winner as we can't pixel peep. Something like 100% cropped images from both would be great.

I personally like Honor 10 among them because I like my images a bit saturated.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
From my observation from other reviews, the AI of Huawei oversaturates the images a bit, which is pleasing to look for common folks, but isn't always the best choice as Samsung went down that road & have dialed back on their saturation nowadays.

From the comparisons, it is evident that Honor 10 has more saturated images. But its kind of difficult to decide a winner as we can't pixel peep. Something like 100% cropped images from both would be great.

I personally like Honor 10 among them because I like my images a bit saturated.

+1 to the bold part. Moreover Honor is aggressively pushing the camera updates every now and then which is just great for its users.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
A more technical comparison is here - Photo compare Huawei Honor 10 vs. OnePlus 6 - GSMArena.com
Looks like Honor 10 has slightly (emphasis on slightly) better color vibrancy but this also makes greys darker. Differences are more or less comparable in good light conditions, but in low light OnePlus appears to capture details better.

At such high resolution though I think any form of comparison is moot.

rhyspereira1999

Right off the assembly line
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/HUqKJXFsWDQ9C1iKUhW84-Mcc6J1jHeXWVoOU5ipazqqFGo5D2m2WvlOFH53Y2clR1LKPfPBcbH3ahmTZFHDEyZuqi1uYaDW5xM6uH6VAbmA2PHXPb3dNRg9MKXfA-aYQCDJufNY​

One of the biggest competitors to the Honor 10 is the OnePlus 6. Not only do both smartphones feature a notched display, but both smartphones also feature pretty good cameras.

The OnePlus 6 sports a 16MP + 20MP setup at the back, while the Honor 10 features a 16MP + 24MP setup. Further, the OnePlus 6 sports a 16MP, while Honor’s flagship sports a 24MP.

The difference further widens when you take a look at the details. The OnePlus 6 comes with a wider aperture as compared to the Honor 10. However, the Honor 10 comes with AI that can automatically recognise over 500 scenarios.

Honor has sent over some camera samples taken by the Honor 10 and the OnePlus 6. Let’s take a look at them, shall we?

Outdoors, bright sunlight

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/ePDqBIQq8tjrqE3aAEgPw6hp5AhVUdi622tdSbmNt6orHk1tcNpqeADJ0wzpmEa2GoLADRw1O2Kh_I9r-ATgKUYvh9ct1W2UPURkaNH3i_XjUG53UIA36W9AD2LESNJyzwHKsOj221bzo3jp8w

Outdoors, macro mode

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/mBMjoPhMus0aC_EnEFx7SSb57pCkRIXXqwGI4AjHV7jTpvxTykkJVrqr8MOimkTc4MSyJtYDh0iOmrVA1yP_wrE3hO1xeVVQp-gWQ698ar-vceSMz5cmtboB5A_K1NL49vI6t1qBIqnOKknYZw

Indoor

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/WiOp3VxPhZoOOAXXhC6x9aTb4Yrb77PXs5MhN2MJkrE2nOv2cpHadpkhDX7sGDETmDqGrlj1YDFnGP9Bw9j2n7Y-a7p6Vk9Ajp54k5zhdP4Q3j7DpLssN6pVRMogFq178FdCYd6HqWpY5yB93Q

Low light

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/R8nTrgvC3WYKv8xrBNnJBAkm455MI0dbIJyer53ZtXui208ZxhANMnO6jf0KcZLQB69ENdbvCyr2Yfl0IyujtYl-Ro9yg-X8jw5yskC_dBIUa9fVLkDYjjXjNLzVrc9Z9mEwgWUATNICk5f7tg

So what do you guys think about the camera quality between the two phones? Which one do you think takes better shots? Sound off below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.
i think that the detailing and levels of clarity on the honor is far superior to that of the OnePlus. and whether True to life or not, the honor makes the OnePlus look washed out. the OnePlus wins on dynamic range tho.

Sent from my FRD-L02 using Tapatalk

TechGeek1

Broken In
The AI pictures of honor 10 have more than enough detail, obviously saturated, yet very pleasant colors, very low noise levels, and superb contrast.There is obvious over-sharpening on most of the images, but not that extreme to ruin the pictures.But the low-light images are nothing special on the Honor 10.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Yes! the most important part of these smartphones is "The Camera" comparison. Personally speaking, which one of the smartphones is better in the camera segment comes to the user itself(based on their priorities and preference) Honor brings lots of cool options and features to its table especially liked one is star tracking. OnePlus is liked by many nowadays plus and they are bringing really good smartphones!

OnePlus Camera Sports:
Rear
Main camera: 16MP, f/1.8 aperture
Secondary camera: 24MP, f/1.8 aperture, monochrome
Front
24MP, f/2.0 aperture

Honor 10 sports:
Rear
Main camera: 16MP, f/1.7 aperture, 1.22μm pixels
Secondary camera: 20MP, f/1.7 aperture, 1.0μm pixels

Front
16MP, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixels

Fun fact: Those who don't want the notch can disable that on both devices!

Launch of Asus zenfone 5Z will effect Honor 10 the most, not OP6. A useful secondary camera in 5Z, wide angle lens, helps it as well along with the AI "effects".

With its photo samples being a bit inferior to OP6 only in low light, the lower cost gives it a good advantage. I personally think that only the smaller size of Honor 10 is its only remaining USP.

Anyways at the end, consumer is the winner.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Launch of Asus zenfone 5Z will effect Honor 10 the most, not OP6. A useful secondary camera in 5Z, wide angle lens, helps it as well along with the AI "effects".

With its photo samples being a bit inferior to OP6 only in low light, the lower cost gives it a good advantage. I personally think that only the smaller size of Honor 10 is its only remaining USP.

Anyways at the end, consumer is the winner.
Oneplus got greedy after OP3 and started increasing prices. They could've kept the prices relatively same but OP6 is priced 25% higher than OP3.
Honor view 10 is also cannibalizing sales from Honor 10 since it is a better phone but costs same.

Oneplus got greedy after OP3 and started increasing prices. They could've kept the prices relatively same but OP6 is priced 25% higher than OP3.
Honor view 10 is also cannibalizing sales from Honor 10 since it is a better phone but costs same.

True, but Honor 10 has the so-called "notch" to make it look superior. The smaller footprint is nice though. The camera seems similar to View 10 too. It actually costs a bit less at 30k.

Even Xiaomi is filling the market with too many phones at similar costs (they have 3 phones at 9-10k, Redmi 5, Redmi Y2 & Redmi Note 5).

ssb1551

Technomancer

Completely concur with You on the pricing strategy of OP. They should have increased the prices marginally. OP5T had an inferior camera than Galaxy S8 in low light. It(OP5T) never should have been priced at the cost they sold in India. Hopefully OP6 comes close to S8 in camera department because it sure as hell is inferior to S9.

Completely concur with You on the pricing strategy of OP. They should have increased the prices marginally. OP5T had an inferior camera than Galaxy S8 in low light. It(OP5T) never should have been priced at the cost they sold in India. Hopefully OP6 comes close to S8 in camera department because it sure as hell is inferior to S9.
S8 still has a superior camera to OP6, tested it myself. S8 has a better front cam as well. In daylight, the difference isn't big but in low light OP6 has more noise.

Top Bottom