Honor 10 vs OnePlus 6: Post your opinions!

billubakra

Conversation Architect
5 or 6?
Anyways both phones need to dump that notch. If Honor can work on emui or switch to stock then honor because of the back multi color body and camera.

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
The initial title of the thread mistakenly referred to the OnePlus 6 as the OnePlus 5. It has been rectified.

Sorry about that.

@riya123

Broken In
Both the OnePlus 6 and Honor 10 share some common aspects in the design department. They both have the trendy ‘notch’ up-top, a glass back.

It's just trendy because of iPhone X and it's of no use. And I won't prefer a phone with a flashy glass back. I still love midnight black, but a metal phone.
True

Metal backs are better. Glass back for wireless charging isn't worth it as many people still don't it.... wait both of them lack wireless charging, so glass back just makes the phone more fragile without adding usability.

Design wise, I'd prefer Honor 10 just because it is smaller, so easier to handle with one hand.

Front facing fingerprint sensor is nice. I hope Huawei at least implements in display one in the next P & Mate series. Having it in next Honor flagship will definitely help it to stand out.

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/kHZrF58YolDgdgwdrWo2FwX-pR7886DYb6Mij2g4gGI4OQ8gPzQPUniHihQF1GsxFNzfGy6G-2uKl3N0TQUxxfGws5b9b0TsyT7dz-pTtxUVpH_TfE_evhJpgQIT_0k__0gWBtBx​

The Honor 10 and the OnePlus 6 are flagship devices from their respective companies. As flagship devices, both phones also come with a ‘notched’ display which seems to be in vogue. However, there is a lot more to the display of these two competitors than the .

The OnePlus 6 comes with a large 6.28-inch display, while the Honor 10 sports a slightly smaller 5.84-inch display.

Both smartphone displays feature a resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. However, due to its smaller display the Honor 10 offers a higher pixel density.

The Honor 10 is equipped with an IPS LCD panel. However, the OnePlus 6 sports AMOLED display.

While not exactly a part of the display, it should be noted that while OnePlus moved the fingerprint sensor to the rear of the device. Honor managed to squeeze the sensor on the bottom chin.

It should also be noted that both smartphones give you the option to hide the notch.

So, what do you think about the displays of the two smartphones? Which one do you prefer? Let your thoughts be known below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
So, what do you think about the displays of the two smartphones? Which one do you prefer? Let your thoughts be known below.
Overall, the OnePlus 6 display is the winner for two reasons: it’s an AMOLED and is covered in Gorilla Glass 5. The Honor 10 doesn’t specify what type of glass it uses, but it feels a lot softer and seems more prone to chips and scratches in my time with it so far. Both sport Full HD+ resolutions.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
So, What you two think about the design and look of the Honor 10 and OnePlus 6? Which one do you prefer and why? Sound off below.
In terms of design, both devices look pretty similar at first. And the first thing that’s likely to hit you in both cases is that these devices are pretty much all screen, with 19:9 ratios, and big old notches at the top.
Both of these are fantastic phones and a strong argument could be made for either – it will largely come down to personal preference and which features matter most to you. For example, I love the light painting and star tracking modes on Honor phones so much that that feature alone is almost enough to win it for me. But I’m probably alone in that. For others, it’ll be looks, or software or battery life.

Divya sharma

Broken In
OnePlus 6 comes with a large display and have both 64GB and a 128GB in-built memory option for buyers while the Honor 10 comes with smaller display and have only a 128GB variant as an option.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
What is GPE bro?
List of Google Play edition devices - Wikipedia

The Google Play edition devices (GPE) is a series of consumer mobile devices sanctioned by Google that run the Android operating system. Unlike the standard versions of Android on these devices, which have received "skins" from the original equipment manufacturer, such as Samsung TouchWiz or HTC Sense, they run a "stock" version of Android, without any manufacturer or wireless carrier modifications, making them essentially like Google Nexus devices in terms of software but they do not carry the Google Nexus branding, nor does their hardware differ from that of the original devices upon which the Play editions are based. Because of this, the software includes slight, under-the-hood changes to function on the original manufacturer's hardware.

Metal back over glass any day. Neither phone has it. Glass back is fragile and needs a case to prevent scratches and cracks.
Front notch is ugly as always.
Apparently, no company is willing to give metal back or other polymers a shot in their flagships nowadays. I liked the old Nokia 8's polycarbonate body as well. Sony seems to be the only manufacturer who tried metal back recently but they were seriously lacking in other hardware & obviously cost.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Apparently, no company is willing to give metal back or other polymers a shot in their flagships nowadays. I liked the old Nokia 8's polycarbonate body as well. Sony seems to be the only manufacturer who tried metal back recently but they were seriously lacking in other hardware & obviously cost.
Mi Mix series has ceramic backing

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Oneplus got greedy after OP3 and started increasing prices. They could've kept the prices relatively same but OP6 is priced 25% higher than OP3.
Honor view 10 is also cannibalizing sales from Honor 10 since it is a better phone but costs same.
OnePlus has established trust, people are ok with buying more expensive phones from OP. Thant's sad though!

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
G
Glass back helps in wireless charging.

Top Bottom