Honor 10 vs OnePlus 6: Post your opinions!

G

Glass back helps in wireless charging.
Rarely people use that.
Moreover Asus 5Z, Honor 10 & OP6 all lack wireless charging. Companies are creating the illusion that glass back in more premium, but it is the least practical. You need a case no matter how carefully you use your phone.

Glass is glass & glass breaks.

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/tULbnZpjIdpYXkJ8PMTzMzet0sBTVJxFq8JyqWivrvoQTCP9cLrfyMVnSPB0qWBym5JfCSwVOCUMK8VepugI_vrsAtYSVn--Gwe7gCwaMuW5qhTBqlVeETZruMCW2kmFmlw5LASZ​

The Honor 10 and the OnePlus 6 are flagship devices and as such, both are powered by flagship grade processors. However, while both offer chipsets manufactured using a 10nm process, the ones used by the two phones are very different from each other.

The Honor 10 is powered by a Hisilicon Kirin 970 SoC. This octa-core chipset features four Cortex A73 cores clocked at 2.4GHz, and four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.8GHz.

The Kirin 970 sports a Mali G72 MP12 for graphics. The chipset also offers download speeds of up to 1.2Gbps.

The highlight of the Kirin 970 has to be the inclusion of the Neural Processing Unit or NPU. This lets the chipset offer faster on-device AI processing.

In fact, the company claims that the heterogeneous computing architecture of the chipset offers 25 times the performance with 50 times the efficiency.

The OnePlus 6 is powered by Qualcomm’s current flagship mobile chipset, the Snapdragon 845. This octa-core chipset is powered by eight custom Kryo 385 cores. Four of the cores are clocked at 2.8Ghz and four are clocked a 1.7GHz.

For graphics, the Snapdragon 845 sports Qualcomm’s own Adreno 630 GPU. Further, it also comes with a Snapdragon X20 LTE modem that offers download speeds of up to 1.2Gbps.

So, which chipset do you think is better? What do you think will be introduced with the next generation of flagship chipsets? Sound off below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

S845 is better because of better GPU. Kirin 970 does come close to it in CPU performance though.

NPU is something which sounds good but is yet to realize its potential currently.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Rarely people use that.
Moreover Asus 5Z, Honor 10 & OP6 all lack wireless charging. Companies are creating the illusion that glass back in more premium, but it is the least practical. You need a case no matter how carefully you use your phone.

Even a poly-carbonate (or "plastic") back would have been a better option considering durability. Sad to see OEMs like Oneplus preferring form over functionality.

Why not using new processor in new phones? Also, plz make new high power processor like sanpdragon 850.
There's nothing like S850 & apparently, no flagship SoC launches this year from Qualcomm.

Kirin 980 is around the corner & should be launched in new Mate series from Huawei.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
There's nothing like S850 & apparently, no flagship SoC launches this year from Qualcomm.

Kirin 980 is around the corner & should be launched in new Mate series from Huawei.
Actaully, SD850 is a thing, but maybe for windows devices only.

Snapdragon 850 Mobile Compute Platform | Qualcomm
New Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 chip is exclusively for Windows 10 devices
The Snapdragon 850 is Qualcomm's first chip built for Windows PCs

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Rarely people use that.

Once you use wireless charging you won't come back to the normal charger. Its high time that Honor introduces a fast wireless charger in India since they have withdrawn the fast charger from India for reasons unknown.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Once you use wireless charging you won't come back to the normal charger. Its high time that Honor introduces a fast wireless charger in India since they have withdrawn the fast charger from India for reasons unknown.
OP3 user here. I'd rather have fast charging than wireless one. You can't use your phone if it is charging on a pad.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
OP3 user here. I'd rather have fast charging than wireless one. You can't use your phone if it is charging on a pad.
Well on a personal note I avoid using my phone when it is charging. Even a 10 minute charge gives me an hour or so. So, I am fine with it.

Samsung has fast wireless charging & my phone supports it as well, but I never felt that it was worth investing $60 (don't know its Indian price). Non fast charging one costs less than $30 on sales but after getting used to fast charging, I can't go back to 10W "slow" charging.

I do use my phone while charging, that is something which I can't do with wireless charging. The new Samsung stand ones are good for watching videos, but I prefer my laptop for watching videos (even though the screen is much worse, but its bigger). Watching youtube on phone is a big no for me due to ads.

Bundling an 18W fast charger in Honor devices is more than enough, no need for wireless charging & wireless charger, Honor can cut costs there.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Samsung has fast wireless charging & my phone supports it as well, but I never felt that it was worth investing $60 (don't know its Indian price). Non fast charging one costs less than $30 on sales but after getting used to fast charging, I can't go back to 10W "slow" charging.

I do use my phone while charging, that is something which I can't do with wireless charging. The new Samsung stand ones are good for watching videos, but I prefer my laptop for watching videos (even though the screen is much worse, but its bigger). Watching youtube on phone is a big no for me due to ads.

Bundling an 18W fast charger in Honor devices is more than enough, no need for wireless charging & wireless charger, Honor can cut costs there.

Yes it is pricy, even I don't own one. But my friend brings it at work and I use it. Using the phone while charging is subjective but my phone gets charged fast so I can wait for 5-10 minutes for it to have enough juice. The wireless chargers went oos within 24 hours during the last Samaung carnival on its estore.
Coming to Honor, they need to bring in the supercharger in India first and then think of shifting to the wireless one.
Hope their next phone's like the p 20 mate series will be without a notch. Bumper sale is going on their phones btw.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
So, which chipset do you think is better? What do you think will be introduced with the next generation of flagship chipsets? S
When it comes to Kirin 970 vs Snapdragon 845, the Kirin’s NPU might have an edge but there’s no must-have use case for smartphone machine learning or “AI” yet. Even large percentage points gained or lost in some specific benchmarks isn’t going to make or break the main user experience. All current machine learning tasks can be done on a DSP or even a regular CPU and GPU. An NPU is just a small cog in a much larger system. Dedicated hardware can give an advantage to battery life and performance, but it’s going to be tough for consumers to notice a massive difference given their limited exposure to the applications.
As the machine learning market place evolves and more applications break through, smartphones with dedicated hardware will probably benefit — potentially they’re a bit more future proofed (unless the hardware requirements change). Industry-wide adoption appears to be inevitable, what with MediaTech and Qualcomm both touting machine learning capabilities in lower cost chips, but it’s unlikely the speed of an onboard NPU or DSP is ever going to be the make or break factor in a smartphone purchase.

Top Bottom