Home PC Bulild Advice

Minion

Conversation Architect
Your friends system is not compatible with g.skill ripjaw memory module the maximum it can support is 1333 Mhz while g.skill is 1600 Mhz.
Since your friend will be having discrete GPU try it with 4gb if he is not satisfied with performance he can always opt for another 4GB memory module of same brand and same type.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Is it incompatible or will the speed be the lower value between the cpu and the ram ?

OP
P

powerpc

Broken In
Are Phenom II 960T and 970 vanishing from the market? I can see it in Flipkart not on other online stores. Would it be wise to order and keep, while I shop for other components at peace?

-PPC

Myth

Cyborg Agent
They wont vanish overnight. Online sites mostly prefer stocking items that are newer and sell faster. Some may not even restock an item.
Safer to start a config thread a week before the actual purchase.
Ask about your procs locally.
Buying them and working on the other components sounds safe but it restricts your choices if you decide on some other config later.

OP
P

powerpc

Broken In
The final config, for both of us. Decided not to go with APU.

Bought the following stuff.

ASUS M5A88-M Motherboard
AMD 3.5 GHz AMD Phenom II x4 970 Processor
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST1000DM003)
Corsair 4 GB RAM (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9) x 2
Corsair VS-450
ASUS DVD Writer

Now confused over the cabinet/ Mini or Mid tower? What are the restrictions if I go with a Mini tower, say CM Elite 360? (pleas consider a moderate GPU in future) I am not a fan of huge cabinets that takes up lot of space

OP
P

powerpc

Broken In
That will be done later, may be after a year. Does it make sense to set a budget now?

If you are looking for a model and its size, I am interested in a 6770 as of today (eg MSI AMD/ATI R6770-MD1GD5 1 GB GDDR5)

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Choose a cabinet based on budget, future components and the ventilation inside it.
A spacious well ventilation cabinet will keep your stuff cool inside. Cooler things perform better and have a longer lifetime. Try for at-least a front and rear fan system in the cabinet.

OP
P

powerpc

Broken In
Thank you everyone for your advises. Finally system is built with the following configuration:

1 ASUS M5A88-M Motherboard
2 AMD 3.5 GHz AM3 Phenom II 970 Processor
3 Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST1000DM003)
4 Dell IN2030 20" LED
5 Corsair Value RAM 4GB
6 Cooler Master Elite 311
7 Corsair VS-450
8 Microsoft Combo 600
9 Asus 24x DVD Writer

Installed with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Did the assembling ourselves.

Thanks once again.

Top Bottom