Home network WiFi Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashkom

Right off the assembly line
I am planning to set up wifi network at home with following components

1. I have an old p 100 computer with me which I intend to use as file server to store all files photos and music.

2. I have a desktop P4 2.8 which is used by my kids for their work games and surfing. I am presently using this for my work also.

3. I am planning to by a laptop HP DV5200 in a weeks time.

4. I intend to buy a wifi enabled high end web cam some time in oct/nov this year.

5. I am also planning to buy a new music system some time next year which will also be wifi enabled.

6. I have a Dataone broadband plan home 500 which I have already applied for upgrading to 900 + UL .( I am still in a fix wheather to go in for Bsnl type IV adsl modem or connect a wifi router to the existing Huawei SmartAX MT882 modem)

With the above devices I want my setup to be able to do the following:

a. The laptop desktop and the older computer should be able to communicate with each other and use the file server to store data.

b. The laptop and desktop should be able to access the internet simultaneously.

c. The music system should be able to play the music files stored in the file server.

d. Since the broadband is unlimited bandwidth I would be using the internet radio and should be able to play it on my music system.

e. Subsequently I would be intergrating my web cam on the wifi network .

Could any body suggest a setup and various hardware required for the above.

Last edited:
OP
A

ashkom

Well No reply so far.... I thought there were a number of wifi experts here. Anyway I will keep trying and post my results here.

First Sucess

I have dataone broadband ul900+ . Bsnl type IV modem.
I have been able to setup this modem to connect to internet as soon as it is switched on. No need to enter PW/UN etc.
Now I have both my desktop and laptop connected to the net simultaneously.

OP
A

ashkom

Second step completed. Now both the desktopa dn the lappy are able to speak to each other and also connect the net simultaneously.

Can somebody give any views about wireless web cam and music system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom