[Praise] hitplay.in

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I am pretty sure most of the people here haven't heard of this little known Indian site: Cool Gadgets, Latest Gadgets.

I was always quite excited by the kind of products they had over at thinkgeek.com and wished that there were some Indian site that'd be atleast half as good as it. After much googling about (I wanted something unusual to gift to a friend on her bday) I stumble across this site HitPlay
I had never heard of it and neither had anyone else I knew. However the birthday was fast approaching and I needed to get something. So I make up my mind to get this plastic maze for about 400 rupees. My thought was that even if it turns out to be a bad choice, I had only 400 to lose and a lesson to learn. Anyways in a flash of foolhardy courage and optimism I order the product. That was September 2, 2012.

On Sept. 5 I receive a mail notifying that my product had been shipped. I breathe a sigh of relief and forget about it soon enough. To my pleasant surprise I recieve the product at my office the very next day. Once back home all my joy disappeared as I realise that the product is faulty. I am too lazy to type and therefore will paste the e-mail communication.

Hi,

I ordered (Order Id: ******) a plastic maze from you on 2nd September, 2012 and received it pretty soon. I was very happy with the whole process and prompt delivery.

However unfortunately once I opened the packaging I found that the product had a manufacturing defect. I called your customer care (from my phone # **********) and was asked to mail you pictures of the same.
As circumstances would have it, I was on the verge of a rather long travel and I was without net connectivity for so long and hence I could not mail you the concerned pics.
I am aware that your policy states that I should initiate this process within 7 days of receiving the product, but due to unavoidable circumstances I have been, regrettably, unable to do so. However I had called up your customer care on the same day as I received the product to intimate them of the same.

The problem with the maze is that, the steel ball that is supposed to open the lid by pressing against a plastic wedge-shaped stick is somehow now on the other side of the stick. I have tried my best to show it in the pictures. This is a manufacturing defect.

I wish you would look into the matter, and convince yourself of the genuineness of my request and take necessary actions to replace the product at the earliest under warranty.
Awaiting a positive response at the earliest.
Thank you.

This was on 22 Sept, 20 days after the order had been placed (The bday passed without the gift being presented :( ). What followed was a very prompt response from one Boskie Dani, the promptest I have found any email communication to be. I mailed them at 9:10 in the morning and this reply below lay in my inbox by 10:50 the same morning.

Dear Pranav,

No issues. Will send you a replacement on Monday.

Thanks & Regards,
Boskie Dani

Hi Dani,

I have been shopping online for quite some time now, but that was the promptest reply to an e-mail I have ever seen, especially to one that touches product replacement. Thanks a lot. You guys are definitely getting quite a bit of word-of-the mouth advertising from me, not to mention future purchases. Thanks a bunch again.

And regarding the defective maze, can I send it back to you with the delivery guy who'll bring me the replacement?

Regards,
One very happy customer :)

Dear Pranav,

Thanks for kind comments! No need to send the defective money maze back. We'll courier you another fresh pc today via FedEX. You'll receive it by Wednesday.

Thanks & Regards,
Boskie Dani

Needless to say, I received it as promised. I dont wish to make this post appear like an advertisement for Hitplay, but I am genuinely pleased to see someone take care to maintain a good relationship with their customers. This site deserves to have more visibility. If only every online marketplace were this warm in their addressing of post-sales complaints.

tkin

Back to school!!
Awesome selection of stuff, I wanted to buy these for so long, the website is a copy of this: Shut Up And Take My Money - Cool Gadgets and Geeky Products and I love it. Though their inventory needs a bit more improvement.

OP
pranav0091

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
If somebody wants to buy something, I have a coupon. It was sent by one "Leena" (I have no idea who she is :D , probably just a marketing ploy, but why should I care anyway) for Rs 100. Haven't checked the redemption conditions. It was sent to me one random day after I bought that plastic maze from them.

tkin

Back to school!!
If somebody wants to buy something, I have a coupon. It was sent by one "Leena" (I have no idea who she is :D , probably just a marketing ploy, but why should I care anyway) for Rs 100. Haven't checked the redemption conditions. It was sent to me one random day after I bought that plastic maze from them.
COD available for only over 1k, that's a bummer, will have to wait till I join a job, I am a bit short on cash now :(

Top Bottom