Hitman: Absolution

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Gamespot gave it a 7.5. Its a good game for sure and the gameplay videos are a testament to that. I'm a big Hitman fan though. Except for hitman 1 & 2, i've played all the titles.
Looking forward to this. :)

abhidev

Human Spambot
Don't read those review, if you are a hardcore Hitman fan then get the game and decide yourself. :)

the reviews are not gonna change my love for Hitman though...just by reading it seems it has lost its originality :/ well I am gonna still try it out for sure :)

Gamespot gave it a 7.5. Its a good game for sure and the gameplay videos are a testament to that. I'm a big Hitman fan though. Except for hitman 1 & 2, i've played all the titles.
Looking forward to this. :)

you should try the first 2 parts too..they are gr8...and yes the gameplay videos were good...

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gamespot's review is for the Xbox360 version. Doesn't apply to those playing on a PC.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Gamespot's review is for the Xbox360 version. Doesn't apply to those playing on a PC.

Well the gameplay is identical in pc, ps3 and xbox 360. You do get an overall view.
But i guess you were pointing at the pc's bugs and glitches that surface in early releases.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well the gameplay is identical in pc, ps3 and xbox 360. You do get an overall view.
But i guess you were pointing at the pc's bugs and glitches that surface in early releases.

This one, from PC Gamer's online review, a real game-breaker for me:-

When I first started playing, three different tutorial tips advised me to press the left mouse button ‘gently’ to aim more accurately, or chided me for ‘squeezing’ it too hard. Those have been corrected in a patch, but aiming is still a needlessly clumsy emulation of a console controller’s analogue input: you have to hold two different aim buttons to be accurate.

Now just don't start advising me buying a controller. :lol:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forever. ;)

Seriously though, we need to take the platform and system in account to judge a game. And price too. Ultimately, these things matter too along with the quality of the game for enjoying a game. The reviewer of PC Gamer might be a fan of Hitman series and was a bit too harsh on the game (just like I am on racing games which fail to meet my expectation), but any game that comes with poor controls, only checkpoint saves, always on DRM, kills which are rendered through cutscenes, not enough graphics option etc. is simply bad to play on PC. And it seems like the latest Hitman has quite few of those sins.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
As per the online review of PC Gamer, the performance issues have already taken care of. And you shouldn't complain about the controls. :p

Well I don't complain much about controls in racing games as they are more fun to play with a controller but even if I have 2 controllers then also I always and will play shooting games using KB & Mouse. If controls for these input devices are messed up then controls are messed up and I can't play game with messed up controls. I guess abhidev will come in handy as he'll play and tell us about controls. :p

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another PC only site blasted the game, the reviewer actually suggested to play Blood Money instead:-

Wot I Think: Hitman – Absolution | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

One good news, Contracts mode can be played offline too, they are making the necessary changes. At least the devs are listening and responding very fast.

Top Bottom