Hitman: Absolution

gameranand

Living to Play
Alrighty fellas Agent 47 is back is action.
Developer - IO Interactive
Publisher - Square Enix
Engine - Glacier 2
Platforms - Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Genre - Action, Stealth

[YOUTUBE]P5-m06HYUvg[/YOUTUBE]
Hitman 5 is indeed called Hitman: Absolution. According to the official blurb: "Hitman Absolution follows Agent 47, a cold blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he trusted and hunted by the police, he finds himself at the centre of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world, in his search for the truth."

Absolution has been built "from the ground up" by IO Interactive using its new proprietary Glacier 2 technology. "Boasting a cinematic story, distinctive art direction and highly original game design, Hitman Absolution combines much-loved classic gameplay with completely new features never seen before in the Hitman franchise," Square Enix said.

"For the first time we are taking Agent 47 on a personal journey which allows us to explore other parts of the Hitman fantasy," said game director Tore Blystad. "This is both a familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman games; something our silent assassins will relish, as will all those new to the Hitman world."

ORIGINAL STORY: Square Enix has released the first teaser trailer for upcoming action game Hitman 5.

The teaser depicts a gloved hand affixing a silencer to the end of a pistol. It's Agent 47 – the Hitman series' star.

Then, a rattlesnake sits coiled around the pistol.

And then a barcode: 110706 040147

The 47 turns red – obviously pointing towards Agent 47.

And 110706 – or 7th June 2011 – the day trade show E3 kicks off good and proper.

Square Enix told Eurogamer this evening that an official announcement will be made tomorrow.

What do we know about the IO Interactive-created game?

The PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 title has been in development for quite a while. It could be called Hitman: Absolution, judging by a new trademark listing filed by publisher Square Enix last month.

An IO source told us last year that the game was in development and would be out by Christmas 2011 "at the very earliest".

An ARG game hosted on the series' forum earlier this year threw up a possible screenshot from the expected sequel. We now know it was taken from today's teaser trailer, below.

Five images have been uncovered, four of which reference Toronto's CN Tower - the world's tallest building and freestanding structure – in some way. Fans have speculated that the reference could mean Hitman 5 is set in Canada.

The last game in the stealth series, Hitman: Blood Money, came out in 2006 on PC, PlayStation 2, Xbox and Xbox 360, scoring 8/10 from Eurogamer's Kristan Reed.

"Blood Money is a fine addition to the Hitman series," he wrote, "boasting significant improvements that make it not only a more rounded, slicker affair, but a more enjoyable one in the long run."

Source Eurogamer

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Very excited for this game. I have loved every Hitman game uptil now. Heck I have finished Blood Money 5-6 times! Hitman is my favorite stealth series. Happy to see that they finally announced a new game. I thought they were ditching the Hitman series.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Very excited for this game. I have loved every Hitman game uptil now. Heck I have finished Blood Money 5-6 times! Hitman is my favorite stealth series. Happy to see that they finally announced a new game. I thought they were ditching the Hitman series.

Good to see someone who likes this series...i have seen very few members who liked this series...kudos buddy!!!:)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Good to see someone who likes this series...i have seen very few members who liked this series...kudos buddy!!!:)

Yeah I don't why many people don't like this series... it's amazing. Especially Blood Money. The amount of freedom that was present in that game was insane. It felt like planning a real assassination :D

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I liked all the games of this series and specially Blood Money. This game has kind of different class which can't be compared to any game.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Zangestu said:
I guess Eidos is not the developer here
Eidos was previously publisher of the game. Developer was always IO Interactive which still is just publisher is changed and now is Square Enix.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Orsum comment by a guy:
15thCrypt said:
Agent 47 has obviously been turned into a snake and the 1st half of the game is slithering around the amazon to get back into the city and find out how to change back, once you change back you must seek vengeance

...then after that you beat the game you unlock a bunch of contracts where you can decide to play as a snake or as the original 47

I lol'd hard.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Wasnt it Eidos Interactive?
Why is Square Enix releasing the details?

Square enix bought eidos interactive.

wiki said:
Eidos Interactive Ltd. (pronounced /ˈaɪdɒs/, EYE-dos) is a label of Square Enix Europe.[1] It was originally a video game publisher before it was acquired by Square Enix. As an independent company Eidos plc was headquartered in the Wimbledon Bridge House in Wimbledon, London Borough of Merton.[2][3]

Its best-known game series include Tomb Raider, Hitman, Commandos, Deus Ex, Legacy of Kain, Thief, Timesplitters, and Fear Effect. The company maintains offices all around the world, including the United States, Canada, Germany, France, Australia and Japan.

Eidos officially became part of Square Enix on 22 April 2009. Following a reorganization of the company, Eidos was merged with Square Enix's European operations into Square Enix Europe.[1] The Eidos Interactive brand is currently used as a label for games developed by former Eidos-owned developers.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Come E3, we want more details. The game has been in the dark for almost 5 years now. About time we get some concrete information on Agent 47 now.

Top Bottom