Hindi Encoding Woes:. PLEASE HELP ME OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
I want to encode Hindi text in the 'Encoded Text' Format. But saving it into any format such as UTF-8 or Unicode or ANSI is filling it with junk characters. As Japanese language has it's own encoding, i suppose even hindi has it's own encoding. How do i go about this? I'm really confused about this. Anyway, if anyone is confused as to why i am stressing on 'Encoded Text' rather than 'RTF' or '.doc' then i'm currently working on making Opera in Hindi.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
one of my frnd has made his own word processor . The word processor the program has localization for hindi , the program has pure hindi menus and also semi-hindi menus (screenshot) all menus/dialog boxes in hindi/english as well as allows to type in hindi thru unicode and also made a phonetic support for akruti and akruti like fonts . he will soon put up the demo version on his site , as we don't have broadband here so it difficult to upload the word processor(10 mb approx).

*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/hinword.jpg

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Which application are you using to save the file? If you try to open a Unicode encoded file in Notepad (etc.), then you are going to see junk chars (most probably blocks).
You have to enable unicode support in Windows. For XP you can do this by going to the Control Panel>Regional and Language Options. Open the Languages tab and enable "Install Files for Eastern-Asian Languages".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom