High Performance Laptop Required

singh_dd93

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
80k Max

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

Doesnt Matter

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:
None

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
I am a Android Developer and have to use this laptop for ROM and Kernel Compiling and other development purposes

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
No prefrences

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
I need a latop which has the best performace in this budget. Other features and looks and company doesnt matter at all

Asus K55VM-SX086V Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com

*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-y500-59-346619-laptop-3rd-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-win8-2gb-graph/p/itmdh2p7vnq2ym3x?pid=COMDH2P6HYV9FU92&ref=63568746-546d-4546-a67e-e5bc4149914a

thinking of this one.

i need value for money thing

Gtb93

In the zone
VFM at the moment is Y500. It's got a way better GPU than the asus model too.
Other options are importing laptops but with customs and all, the price will definitely go up. (unless you have a travelling relative coming to India anytime soon ;) )

Hrishi

You should go with FHD screen and Matte display. Better for programming and development tasks.
ALso A backlight keyboard if possible.
The Y500 seems good to me , because of FHD and a very good keyboard.!

AThe ASUS one doesn't seems VFM to me. There are better products in this range suiting your needs.

Try to check the Dell Inspiron series, they provide customisation depending on your needs.

$hadow

Geek in making
Check out g75 from asus. Some one has brought it from us for about 83k. Check out his review I didn't remember the name.
His review is there saying g75 my new monster. You will like that device.

In India, Y500 is a VFM laptop & the best laptop available for your budget.

Try to import some laptop with better specs if possible.....

sanemate

Broken In
Arent there too many warranty issues in getting a laptop, that too quite a costly one, from US? For example Y500, even though a model is launched in India, there is still no warranty for US bought machines here. If you buy it from US and ELAN touchpad is there, you are doomed.

Is there any waranty servcie like warrantybaaar.com which considers foreign bought laptops too?

$hadow

Geek in making
Arent there too many warranty issues in getting a laptop, that too quite a costly one, from US? For example Y500, even though a model is launched in India, there is still no warranty for US bought machines here. If you buy it from US and ELAN touchpad is there, you are doomed.

Is there any waranty servcie like warrantybaaar.com which considers foreign bought laptops too?

Asus provides international warranty.

OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
I have to buy the laptop before 20th march.
I am getting Y500 at 57k in local market.
I should go for this finally or any suggestions ?

I personally like the Y500.
I can not import any laptops due to urgency in getting it.

$hadow

Geek in making

Dude from where are you getting y500 for 57k please tell me the address and number of that seller.

It is a great deal if you can get it in that price.

sanemate

Broken In
Y500 for 57k! Least I heard was 62k in Kolkata! Where are you getting it for 57k, hell I would book a train ticket and go and get it :p Also, does that dealer also offer 2 years warranty + ADP (1 onsite + 1 offsite)?

Gtb93

In the zone
IF you're getting the Y500, Please check for manufacturing date before your purchase. Pre-November models have touchpad issues.

OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
Y500 I am getting is Opened piece. I have a friend retailer and he had brought from US just 5 days ago.
I will look into manufacturing

sanemate

Broken In
Man! High chance that the US one is SLI (SLI version with 3630QM was selling for 1050 USD). If its so, you are in luck :)

sanemate

Broken In
Best is to buy the Y500. And when you feel the need later, import the Ultrabay of 650m GT (around 15k). 650m GT in SLI performs around 10% better than GTX 670m.

nitheeshr

Broken In
Best is to buy the Y500. And when you feel the need later, import the Ultrabay of 650m GT (around 15k). 650m GT in SLI performs around 10% better than GTX 670m.

650m SLI is slightly faster, however i would choose the 670m. Also the memory bus width is only 128 bit for GT650m SLI which matters. Much easier with just one gpu. Never have to worry about games that dont support sli. Microstutterin, negative scaling and such. Its simply just easier with one GPU than two. Even though you dont often get any serious issues with multi-gpu setups however there is always the chance there will be problems with drivers and all. Some cards don't scale that well with SLI and in some games it barely has any effect. A single powerful card is always preferable to SLI.

Top Bottom