High performance laptop required for B.Arch Student!!(65k)

I like IPS would be better than a matte display.... Anyways, I've seen S03 & Y500 side by side...my friend also agreed that colours n all are better in Y500's screen.....
I would say, if you work outdoors too, get matte display, otherwise glossy screen in enough. Moreover Y500 has 1080p display making it great for movies. :mrgreen:

KyleSforza

Banned
Not just Y500, every glossy display looks better than matte indoors ;) Even my old Acer Aspire 5742Gs , where matte plays out is outdoors and it doesn't get scratches. :p I remember it was almost impossible to use my old laptop in the car because of its Glossy display.

And movies are great on this too xD As we can run 1080p movies too. :p

$hadow

Geek in making
I asked for performance proof, I know all those things too. :p

P.S. Series 5 supports 16GB RAM too.
Has always on USB too (the 1st USB 3.0 port is the one) , actually it has 4 USB ports compared to 3 on Y500.
Its not about the weight , but about the dimensions, Y500 looks bulky, while Series 5 actually looks professional, would you ever take a laptop looking like Y500 to a business meet? Nope.
Backlit keyboard is amazing! I agree, but not really essential, as the light coming from screen is enough.. oh wait you guys play on lower brightness levels? :p

Ultrabay and FHD is a major point none the less. :) - And those actually matter to gamers only.

I use my laptop for graphic designing, and the colors are brilliant! As Sujoy said, glossy displays reflect too much (I have used 720p Glossy screens before) , you can even see your reflection in them and working on something like a logo, or adding tiny little details to your project can be a hard task.

And did Samsung stop giving that extended warranty offer?

you are kind of weird person it is good that you are defending your purchase but you are saying against my post just dosen't make sense.
Just read out again what I have posted over there may reading 2-3 times more can make you understand what it is actually written over there, and please read this one thoroughly coz I do not like posting on a same topic again and again,
1. Now I am a student and I have got a machine for gaming so why should I not game on it.
2. You looks like to be a person looking for slim things but I like curves a lot.
3. Again I would like you to understand that I am a student and why on earth will I be going to go with it in a meeting or something and that to a professional one.
4. You might be the only some of the persons who say matte display has amazing colour for reference check out thread above.
5. I do programming on it and its font can be increased so I dont think that I want to add any small detail to it since a full stop on it looks quiet vibrant.
6. We at hostel play games after switching of the lights so we haven o reflection at all.
Hope this time you have got it and by the way when did you get your so5in before y500 launchor after that???????????

KyleSforza

Banned
you are kind of weird person it is good that you are defending your purchase but you are saying against my post just dosen't make sense.
Just read out again what I have posted over there may reading 2-3 times more can make you understand what it is actually written over there, and please read this one thoroughly coz I do not like posting on a same topic again and again,
1. Now I am a student and I have got a machine for gaming so why should I not game on it.
2. You looks like to be a person looking for slim things but I like curves a lot.
3. Again I would like you to understand that I am a student and why on earth will I be going to go with it in a meeting or something and that to a professional one.
4. You might be the only some of the persons who say matte display has amazing colour for reference check out thread above.
5. I do programming on it and its font can be increased so I dont think that I want to add any small detail to it since a full stop on it looks quiet vibrant.
6. We at hostel play games after switching of the lights so we haven o reflection at all.
Hope this time you have got it and by the way when did you get your so5in before y500 launchor after that???????????
.. you can't read my signature I guess? I have a S03 not S05 ;) I got it around the launch of Y500.

1. I never questioned that.

2. lol.. I'll just say I'm not into heavy things.. neither girls nor laptops.

3. Because one day you will work too? Its not like you're going to stay a student forever, unless you got enough money to study all life and never work. :p

4. I never said matte display has amazing color, I said its good for most. Yes, images and pictures of a glossy display look waaayy more vibrant, simply, because its glossy. Comparing the two is like comparing iPhone to Android. Both are best at what they do. + this is a HD+ 'LED' display, so no worries about colors.

5. ..you're seriously comparing small details in programming to small details in graphics work, like Photoshop , AUTOCAD etc? GENIUSS!!!!! You do realize both are extremely different right? If not you should simply google up what graphic designing is. Its not painting posters in MS Paint.

6. What about day time? You switch off sun during the day or tell it to go away cause you want to game and its reflection is bugging you? :p

Hope I made myself clear, if not you're free to ask more questions.

And I'm not justifying my purchase, if you do actually read other threads too, you'd see I also recommended Y500 in most threads, I make my recommendations depending on the person, not on the basis of what I own.

you are kind of weird person

I agree with that.....

3. Because one day you will work too? Its not like you're going to stay a student forever, unless you got enough money to study all life and never work. :p

6. What about day time? You switch off sun during the day or tell it to go away cause you want to game and its reflection is bugging you? :p

The person who will use the laptop is a 2nd year B.Arch student. I'm 2nd year B.Tech student. We both have 3 years of studies, atleast, before going for a job. He's not doing BBA for going for presentations(I hope it's right). So no need for meetings for next 3 years..... DID YOU KNOW THAT you can turn off the backlit keyboard too :mrgreen:. Black colour is also a decent colour. So no problem to take it meetings even if we have to.

We students usually have classes during day time. Even if v game at day time, we are indoors (usually hostel), so no need of sunlight readability in screen. Moreover usually LAN gamings n all happen at night after dinner(what are other students opinion)

KyleSforza

Banned
Hmm, ^ I thought you guys take laptop to class too like I do. But if that's the case, and he wants laptop for gaming ONLY he should go for Y500 eyes closed ;)

Top Bottom