High end pc needed - Suggest me

dotcommakers

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: I am freelance designer. I do lots multi tasking. Let me give you how many programs I run at a time
1. Outlook 2. Firefox 3. Total Commander (file browser cum ftp client) 4. Dreamweaver 5. Photoshop (not 100% time ofte last two but yes 85-90% time) 6. Avg antivirus 7. Windows defender 8. Yahoo IM 9. MSN IM 10. Gtalk and there are several others will be run along with these time to time. My really requirement is PC should run fast and should multi task really well. Thinking about quad core CPU and looking for Intel products only

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: Approx one lac

4. Planning to overclock?
A: nope

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows for now but looking a way for to use Mac on PC

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: for C drive 500Gb minimum. Rest maximum I can use I will buy. Suggest me motherboard according to this.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: I use 1440px resolution now same or bigger is ok. Looking for bigger size LCD monitor.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: will be done by a friend he is assembler and has done these kinda of stuff already.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: after one month approx

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: whichever is possible

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: no

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?

I am from Rajkot Gujarat. I can get most of things here for sure if not I can go to Ahmedabad. Where I think 100% sure all items will be available

Can some one also explain me difference about quad core and i7?

Also sugest me a good cabinet which has damn cool cooling sustem. And suggest me the board where i can use max. RAM like 8 GB or more

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Component | Model | Price
CPU|Intel i7 2600k|16k
Motherboard|ASUS P8P67 Pro B3|11.5k
RAM|Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz|5.5k
HDD|Seagate 1TB 7200.12|2.7k
Graphic Card|MSI GTX560 TFII|15.5k
DVD|LG SATA|0.9k
PSU|SeaSonic S12D 850W|7.2k
Cabinet|CM 690 II Advanced|5.5k
Mouse|Razer Deathadder|2.2k
Keyboard|Logitech G110|3k
MousePad|SteelSeries 4HD|1.2k
Monitor|Dell U2311H|14k
Speaker|Logitech x506|5.5k
Sound Card|ASUS Xonar DX|4.2k
UPS|APC 1.1KVA|5k
TOTAL||99.9k

I think this is overkill for you. IMO this should be enough.
Component | Model | Price
CPU|Intel i5 2400|9.5k
Motherboard|Intel DH67CL B3|6.5k
RAM|Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333MHz|4.5k
HDD|Seagate 1TB 7200.12|2.7k
DVD|LG SATA|0.9k
PSU|Corsair VX450W|3.5k
Cabinet|CM 430|2.5k
Mouse/KB|Razer Cyclosa Bundle|2.2k
Monitor|Dell U2311H|14k
Speaker|Altec Lancing VS2621|1.5k
UPS|Numerics 800VA|2.5k
TOTAL||50.3k

dotcommakers said:
Can some one also explain me difference about quad core and i7?
An i7 is just a series of CPU from Intel.

In the current generation they are quad cores with HT. (HT can make each core "looks" like two core.)

dotcommakers said:
Also sugest me a good cabinet which has damn cool cooling sustem. And suggest me the board where i can use max. RAM like 8 GB or more
CM690 II Adv is good enough.

The rigs already have 8GB RAM and are expandable to 16GB.

OP
dotcommakers

dotcommakers

Journeyman
Thx buddy. Need more hdd though. One 500 for c drive so i need another 1 Tb for extra storage. How many i can add?

Can you also give me gpu derails? How much ram it has?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
You can add upto 8 HDDs iirc.
Seagate 500GB is 1.7k and 1TB is 2.7k. Add as many as you need.

I have not suggested a graphic card in the 50k rig, so you will have to use the onboard one. Do you play games?

The GPU in 100k rig has 1.25GB VRAM.

OP
dotcommakers

dotcommakers

Journeyman
Yes was asking for 100k setup. I dont play games much but I need graphic card for photoshop work. Thanks for your help lets see what other say

slashragnarok

In the zone
Since you have such a huge budget I would advise you to buy a Solid state disk. Since that would mean much quicker read times. You also haven't mentioned what work you do in Photoshop and other softwares. your workload determines a lot.

OP
dotcommakers

dotcommakers

Journeyman
Since you have such a huge budget I would advise you to buy a Solid state disk. Since that would mean much quicker read times. You also haven't mentioned what work you do in Photoshop and other softwares. your workload determines a lot.
I have wrote it. I am web designer. I do website designs. Graphics. Almost designs are 100mb files on while working on photoshop. You know canvas size.

I have high CPU workload and also memory

I have Core 2 Duo Dell Inspiron 2Gb laptop. Is 90% time overloaded when I start working on photoshop. I am just not able to work on this.

slashragnarok

In the zone
Okay. You do need a graphics card but not a very powerful one. Just get an i7 2600. It supports hyperthreading. Your work is mostly CPU intensive but a good graphics card will definitely shave some time off your processing. Get a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5770 @ Rs 8000.

Also by what I can determine you will definitely need a Solid State drive for faster reading speeds. Get a 60GB one.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows for now but looking a way for to use Mac on PC

:rofl:

OP
dotcommakers

dotcommakers

Journeyman
60gb is not enough. I need at least 500gb and i cant afford solidstate. With my iphone data and other software data uses 120gb hdd from my existing 160gb. I am just not able to work at all so need at least 500gb hdd for C drive

mitraark

Decrepit
I think this is overkill for you. IMO this should be enough.

Thumbs Up.

Sir , i think you should refrain from spending a Lakh on a new PC , I have a feeling you don't really require that high a build for you purposes.

SSDs Overkill.

A graphics Card should be there in your PC , maybe GTS 550 [ CUDA for all those designing apps ?] ??

Also , consider a 2 TB HDD , 4.8k , i think you will require for stock material.

slashragnarok

In the zone
Thumbs Up.

Sir , i think you should refrain from spending a Lakh on a new PC , I have a feeling you don't really require that high a build for you purposes.

SSDs Overkill.

A graphics Card should be there in your PC , maybe GTS 550 [ CUDA for all those designing apps ?] ??

Also , consider a 2 TB HDD , 4.8k , i think you will require for stock material.

Sorry but a SSD is not overkill. Check out videos on Youtube for SSD vs ordinary HDDs. SSD is perfect for fast multi app opening times and also read/write times.

Top Bottom